Every trip is insured
This Partner Support Program for Delivery Partners starts on Oct 1, 2019, covering the accidental personal injury in addition to the existing third party liability insurance from Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance.
It is effective from the time a Delivery Partner accepts a delivery request until the delivery’s conclusion or cancellation.
There is no need to opt-in and at no additional cost to Delivery Partners.
If you are involved in an accident during a delivery, please contact Uber support immediately. Once we are informed of an accident, the incident-specialized team will review and take required actions accordingly.
Third Party Liability
This policy provides Delivery Partners with protection against their legal liabilities for bodily injuries and property damage to third parties.
There is a limit of liability up to 100,000,000 yen.
- Delivery Partner hits a passerby during delivery
- Delivery Partner knocks over hot food accidentally and burns customer’s body at the time of delivery
- Delivery Partner hits and damages a customer’s house or another vehicle during delivery
This policy protects Delivery Partners against their own personal injuries, such as medical expenses and daily payments.
There is a limit of liability.
- Medical Expenses Cover: If an accident happens during a delivery, this cover reimburses you for medical treatment costs you have incurred following the accident (e.g. ambulance, X-ray, operations, medicines) up to 250,000 yen.
- Death and Funeral Payments: In the unfortunate event that you die as a result of an accident during a delivery, your heirs will benefit from a lump sum payment of 10,000,000 yen. They will also reimburse an additional sum of up to 1,000,000 yen for funeral expenses that may incur.
- Permanent Disability Payments: In the unfortunate event that you suffer a permanent disability as a result of an accident during a delivery, you will benefit from a payment of up to 10,000,000 yen. The amount depends on the severity of the disability.
- Daily Payment Benefit (injury): If you are injured and hospitalized as a result of an accident that happened during a delivery and are thereafter unable to work because of those injuries, you will receive a daily payment of 7,500 yen for up to 30 days whilst you are medically certified by a Doctor as unfit to work.
- Spouse / Dependent Children Benefit: In the unfortunate event that you die as a result of an accident during a delivery, your spouse and dependent children (18 years old and younger) will benefit from a lump sum payment of 150,000 yen per person (maximum three persons).
- Delivery Partner gets hit by another car during delivery and got injured
- Delivery Partner knocks over hot food accidentally and burns their body at the time of delivery
Please see the FAQ below for the details.
- What are the key features of this Personal Injury coverage?
- When does a delivery start? When am I protected?
- What are terms & conditions?
- Does Partner Support Program replace my own vehicle motor insurance?
- How do I activate Partner Support Program?
- How do I claim?
- Why is Uber doing this?
This coverage does not provide cover for third party liabilities that are payable under the compulsory automobile liability insurance and any voluntary insurance taken out by delivery partners for their motorbikes and Kei-cars.
This coverage does not provide coverage for Delivery Partners’ own property damage such as their motorbikes, bicycles, etc.