Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. We're a game-changing startup, providing quality, on-demand car requests from the touch of your phone. A tenacity toward delivering an awesome experience for our users is critical to our success, and we're looking for a Marketing Manager to dominate marketing efforts for our team.
Marketing Managers based in Chicago will be supporting one of our remote cities!
ABOUT THE JOB
You'll be tasked with growing brand awareness in one of our Midwest cities and marketing Uber in the most efficient and engaging way possible. You’ll knock down doors and pursue any crazy idea to help grow Uber. You should be as comfortable giving a 15-second elevator pitch about Uber to a stranger as you are to digging into promo analytics. You’ll focus on scalable efforts that can be replicated in multiple cities by targeting events and partnerships.
- Born to network and negotiate. If there’s a major event in town, you know about it and know how to get in and build out your contact list. You’re a people person with persuasive communication skills. You possess the ability to interact and shoot straight with executives and to provide advice and guidance that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward. You’ve proven your ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- A self-starter. You can see marketing opportunities and run with them. From cold-calling a festival or event, to doing post-promo analysis on how well the event went, you can own a project from start-to-finish and bring Uber to the masses.
- Graceful. You’re self-aware and well spoken in meetings. You’ll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- A utility player. You’re ready to hit the ground running with an all-star team. You’ll contribute to every department and help solve any problem.
- Stoked. You’re constantly wearing a smile and full of energy.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate and improve. You enjoy testing different strategies and tracking the results. When we say A/B testing, you know what we’re talking about!
- Data-driven. You have strong excel skills and can do post-promo analysis on how well a partnership went with your eyes closed.
You'll be tasked with growing brand awareness and marketing Uber in the most efficient and engaging way possible. You will be expected to:
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns
- Execute strategic partnerships and own business development
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Sales and business development experience
- Field management, experiential marketing, sales, marketing, business development
- Managing integrated marketing campaigns from inception to completion
- Degree in Marketing or Public Relations is a plus, but not required
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Bottom line: It’s all about the hustle. You’ll knock down doors and pursue any crazy idea to help grow Uber.