Get more for your money with Uber Cash
Prepay for your upcoming trips with Uber Cash, a simple way to pay across all of our products. To find out if this payment method is available in your region, check the Payments section of your app.
Why use Uber Cash?
Set a budget and stick to it. Uber Cash lets you select an amount to pre-pay for your upcoming rides and orders.
Pay now, relax later
Uber Cash helps you plan ahead and prepay for your upcoming Uber purchases. This way, you have an easy payments experience.
No expiration dates
Purchased funds never expire. Use them for food, airport rides, bikes, and more.
How to use Uber Cash
- Open the Uber app menu and tap Payment
- Tap Add Funds and select an amount to add to your Uber Cash balance
- Select your payment method, then tap Purchase
Uber Cash will be applied automatically to your next ride or Uber Eats order unless you're using a business profile. To turn off Uber Cash, tap your payment method after entering your destination.
Opt for auto-refill and lock in your savings. Auto-refill adds your pre-selected amount whenever your balance drops below $10.*
Top questions from riders
- What can I use Uber Cash to pay for?
Uber Cash can be used to pay for rides, orders with Uber Eats, and JUMP bikes and scooters.
- How can I add funds to Uber Cash?
You can use almost any payment method, including credit cards, debit cards, Venmo, and PayPal, to add funds. In Brazil, you can add funds at more than 280,000 retail points of sale all over the country, including bancas and lotericas.
- Besides adding funds myself, are there other ways to receive Uber Cash?
Yes, you can receive Uber Cash through the Uber Rewards program, customer support, gift cards, and more.
- What’s the difference between using Uber Cash and paying for trips and other services with a credit card?
You can save up to 5% on your purchase of Uber Cash in advance.
- Can I use my Uber Cash balance in other countries?
For now, you can only use your Uber Cash balance in the country where it was purchased.
- Can I pay for Uber with cash?
Yes, you can pay with cash. Before requesting a ride, go to the Payment section in the app and select Cash. At the end of your trip, pay cash directly to your driver. This is available in select markets.
*Visit the Payment menu in the Uber app to change your refill settings or turn off auto-refill anytime.