How to take trips toward a specific location
With the Driver app, you can set a destination, like your house, the store—anywhere you need to go. Then the app looks for riders who are traveling in the same direction, so that you can earn on the way.
In this video, you’ll learn about:
- How to set a destination
- Adding an arrival time
- Picking up riders along the way
How driver destinations work
Here’s how to set a destination and pick up one or more riders on your route:
1. Tap the search icon in the top left corner of your map screen.
2. Set a destination and, if needed, a time you want to arrive.
3. The app will find you riders along the way.
4. A notification will pop up when it’s time to go offline and finish getting to your destination.
Questions from drivers
- When I use driver destinations, will my riders always go in the same direction as me?
Riders chosen for you will be going in the general direction of your destination. Plus, you can set an arrival time.
- Does it work for all trip options?
Driver destinations work for most trip options, including UberX, Pool, Uber Black, Taxi, and more.
- How often can I set a destination?
You can set your destination 2 times per day. It doesn’t have to be the same destination each time; you can choose different locations.
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.