What You'll Do:
- Business partnerships - work closely with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models, and break complex models down into components that consolidate
- Global optimization - lead initiatives that optimize our global P&L
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights
- Help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
- Special projects and deal support
- Innovate - we will push the boundaries beyond traditional forecasting
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skillsets
What You'll Need
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- Minimum of 1 year in Banking and/or Corporate finance /operational FP&A at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Elite Excel skills - Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive
- SQL skills - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Excellent communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Self-starter - You will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals
- Systems - working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Attention to detail - consistent with swift execution
Bonus Points If
- MBA, CFA or CPA will give you some great bonus points.
About The Team
Forecasting a hyper-growth business is hard. Forecasting for one of the fastest growing startups ever, expanding across the globe, while driving optimization for evolving business models - that's a challenge that doesn't come around often - oh and did we mention this is a new business? Doing all this alongside a team that is as driven, creative, hands-on, smart, passionate and fun-loving as you are - that's Strategic Finance at Uber.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.