What You'll Do
- Develop & maintain key relationships with your business area’s stakeholders (Design, UX Research, Content, Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing, etc.).
- Partner with Design Manager and UX Research Manager to scope and set project priorities and sequencing, milestone planning, resource allocation, and hiring/talent needs to execute against business area objectives.
- Plan and drive the execution of design projects from inception to completion. Own the creation and management of project plans, implement an effective system of project status tracking, manage stakeholder expectations
- Serve as the go-to point of contact for tracking and reporting on in-flight project status and priorities, roadblocks, and dependencies. Make sure interdependencies are understood and planned for. Balance competing priorities and adjust resources as necessary
- Facilitate design standups and reviews. Prepare agendas, negotiate trade-offs between competing priorities, document decisions and actions items, and ensure owners follow through on commitments
- Work with Design Manager and UX Research Manager to identify team needs (process, tools, documentation, etc) recommend improvements, and implement changes to ensure efficient delivery and high quality output
- Partner with Design Manager and UX Research Manager to ensure effective team communication and information distribution
- Engage design team members to be active contributors to broader Design org initiatives
- Evangelize design team achievements to broader Freight and Design orgs
- Ensure high level of team cohesion and morale
- Contribute to the development of the design program management function. Share back successful practices, frameworks, tools, lessons learned that have worked in your team
- As needed, onboard and manage contractors or vendors in executing work
What You'll Need
- 5+ years experience as a project manager, program manager, or producer in a design consultancy or as part of an in-house product design/UX team
- Experience creating lean and scalable workflows and implementing process improvements
- Proficiency with project management and asset management tools (e.g., Coda, Asana, JIRA, Basecamp, Lucidchart, Box, Google Drive, etc.)
- Clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive conversations forward
- Superior organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative in tackling problems big and small
- Demonstrable success as a team player, leading large and complex projects
About Uber Design
Learn more about the Design Team and the work being done here https://www.uber.design
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About Uber Freight
Look around you: everything you see in the built environment was at some point on a truck. The complex interwoven world of freight allows for our modern way of life to exist by putting food in grocery stores, building materials at construction sites, and the clothes you wear on your back.
But the $4 trillion freight industry is plagued with inefficiencies that go back decades. Wasted time, wasted effort, and missed earnings opportunities are the status quo. Enter Uber Freight: we connect shippers with truckers, much like the way that Uber connects riders and drivers.
On the Uber Freight team, we believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more harmonious, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads.