1st May 1960, was when this beautiful state came into existence and we thought what better way to celebrate the spirit of the state we call home than exploring the best that our city has to offer.
Celebrate the weekend with this city guide curated especially for you with a list of the Top Destinations in the city that will help you freeze the perfect weekend calendar.
The best part!
To commemorate the 60th year of liberation, we are giving out 2 discounted rides at 60% OFF* for trips taken to or from the given destinations on uberGO & uberX and 20% OFF* for riders who want to make the most of the day in an UberHIRE.
How this works?
- Open your Uber app, set your pickup or drop-off location to one of the given destinations for bookings on uberX/uberGO. The pickup or drop-off location for bookings on UberHIRE are not restricted to these destinations.
- Enter the promo code MARATHI60 in the Promotions or Payments tab of the app for your bookings on uberGO/uberX
- Enter the promo code MARATHI20 in the Promotions or Payments tab of the app for your bookings on UberHIRE
- Request a ride from Saturday, 29th April to Monday, 1st May 11:55 PM
Here is a list of quotes and experiences from the team at Uber, that’ll help you decide which destination to hit first.
|1. Shaniwar Wada
Sohan Dhar – GreenLight Coordinator
“Head to Shaniwar Wada for an epic encounter with history. The huge garden and the lotus fountain are serene.”
#PROTIP: Head to the hall above the main gate to get an aerial view of the vicinity.
|2. Dagdusheth Halwai Ganpati Temple
Raj Agarwal – Greenlight Expert
“One of the most iconic temples in the city, go and have a look at their trademark idol of Ganapati. Also, revel in the view of the interiors of the temple and the spell binding architecture.”
#PROTIP: Do not miss out on the morning and evening aarti!
Maitreyi Jain – Marketing Coordinator
“A women’s paradise in Pune. From a hair pin to gold jewelry, you’re going to get access to all things great and glittery. Flock here to witness some great work by local artisans for your home and for yourself.”
#PROTIP: End the day with an ice cream from Kawre’s, you’re going to need it!
|4. Ganesh Temple at Sarasbaug
Anshul Sharma – Marketing Manager
“Head here to soothe your mind and body with the lush greenery and serene environment. The divine surroundings transport you to a different world as you enjoy the rich heritage at the oldest temple built by the Peshwas.”
#PROTIP: Don’t miss out on the lip smacking pav bhaji at the various stalls outside the temple at Sarasbaug
|5. Maharashtrian Thali at Shreyas
Archana Kakani – Operations & Logistics Manager
“You cannot just eat at Hotel Shreyas, you hog and that is what an #Assal Punekari would do. A Royal Peshwai treat, melange of sumptuous Maharashtrian delicacies from across the region.”
#PROTIP: Flash your uber receipt at the counter and get a discounted thali + a complimentary sweet (Gulabjam/Modak/Shrikhand)
|6. Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum
Nigel Desouza – Marketing Assistant
“An art and history lovers paradise, the museum transports you to the land of the Marathas and its rich heritage with its collection of artifacts and antique musical instruments.”
#PROTIP: The architecture and beauty of the Mastani Mahal, is to die for.
Travel to these destinations, take your pictures and tweet to @uberindia with #MeMarathi, and 20 lucky winners will stand the chance to win a flat discount on their Uber rides.
Here is a snapshot of what your weekend destinations look like:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Offer valid on 2 rides which are taken to or from the given destinations only on uberGO/uberX, pick up or drop off location is not restricted to the given destinations for bookings on uberHIRE
- *Maximum discount that can be availed on promo code MARATHI60 is ₹60
- *Maximum discount that can be availed on promo code MARATHI20 is ₹250
- 20 lucky winners to tweet a picture from these destinations with #MeMarathi would win a flat discount of ₹50 on two Uber rides.
- The winners will be announced on 8th May’17
- Offer is valid only from Saturday, 29th April – Monday, 1st May’17 till 11:55 PM