Hunger is more than missing a meal.
In the spirit of India’s 69th Independence Day, we are committed to making a positive impact by doing our bit in tackling one of India’s serious concerns – food wastage. We are thrilled to partner with the Robin Hood Army along with Scoopwhoop in their #Mission100k, to serve food to 100,000 less fortunate people.
Robin Hood Army, a volunteer organization set up in August 2014, works relentlessly to get surplus food from restaurants to the less fortunate people in cities across Pakistan and India. This Independence day, RHA, Uber and Scoopwhoop have come together to mobilise students across India and Pakistan who will rally together for a common cause.
GOAL: Serve 100,000 less fortunate people across India and Pakistan on Independence Day
Uber, in India, will help in making the logistics for these students seamless by providing them a ride at a touch of button to transfer meals. #Mission100k will take place between August 14, Pakistan’s Independence Day, and August 15, India’s Independence Day.
Interested in joining the mission? Here’s how:
- Set up your own college team to serve meals and gifts to the less fortunate community within a 2 km radius of your campus
- Share your experiences and pictures on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) with the hashtag #Mission100k
- Tag @RobinHood_Army, @ScoopWhoop and @Uber_India on social media – we’ll keep sharing these updates from our end to inspire thousands of others students
- Don’t forget to wear green (Go Robin!) and mention your college name
- Any impact is positive – whether you help ten people or a thousand.
Every bit counts!