About the Role
You will perform a range of activities demonstrating your analytical thought leadership that will ultimately contribute to the successes of business and functional teams across Uber.
You will be wearing the Uber hat at all times and will be involved in leading multiple data-driven projects including , but not limited to ,
- Design of KPI tracking systems for complex company-wide metrics across various Uber products and teams globally
- Performing analytical deep dives to drive product/strategy road-map
- Design of efficient analytical data mart that mimic product flow at scale
What You'll Do
- Do all that it takes to drive and deliver multiple analytical and data engineering projects to partner team across Uber
- Taking the lead on problem scoping, vendor resource planning , solution design sprints, solution development, QA & Implementation.
- Setting up of processes for delivery including program documentation, Internal/external review & quality assurance
- Ensuring thought leadership by working with Data Science/Data analytics/Data engineering experts within and outside Uber to drive best in class solution delivery
- Work towards defining/refining the team's evolving vision and charter
- Mentor program managers and play an active role in their career development process
- Take responsibility for technical skill-building within the team (training, process definition, research of new tools and techniques, etc)
- Maintain motivation of team on the program. Track internal metrics such as utilisation, attrition , Budget Vs Spend and ensure metrics are within targets
- Develop a robust vendor partner ecosystem to ensure on time availability of high quality talent
- Assist with ramp up activities including selection/evaluation of analyst and project allocation. Align ramp-up plan to current and future projects
- Closely liaise with Internal partner team and provide regular updates on project delivery covering aspects such as quality, timelines, risk and issue Management
- Translate analytical solution into actionable insights & recommendations for technical & non-technical audience in a clear , concise and persuasive way
- Set up & drive overall program governance at all levels through relevant KPIs / metrics
- Streamline the budgeting, invoice tracking, Impact and ROI measurement process
What You'll Need
- BA/BS/MS/PhD in Physics, Economics, Applied Math, Statistics, Engineering, OR, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (advanced degree is a plus)
- A minimum of 9 years' experience in a related position, as a Data engineering/Analytical delivery lead or as an engagement manager delivering data-driven solutions across multiple businesses
- Proficient in writing and understanding complex SQL queries; experience working with large data sets and Hive database
- Programming background and expertise in building models using at least one of the following languages: Python, R
- Exposure to Big Data platforms like Hadoop and its eco-system (Hive, Pig)
- Strong multi-tasking & project management skills, Keen sense of priortization.
- Ability to thrive and deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver agreed results on-time.
- Strong story-telling & articulation skills - ability to convert analytical output into clear, concise, and persuasive insights & recommendations for technical & non-technical audience
- Strong influence and relationship management skills; comfortable interacting across all levels of stakeholders
- Prior experience in providing strategic analysis and consulting
- Track record of delivering strong business results.
Bonus points if you have:
- Have led analytics/DS/DE team in high paced, fast growing tech startup
- Have led/scaled teams in Analytics COE
About the Team
The mission of the GSS team is to design, incubate and deploy solutions that use ground truth & human judgement to scale Uber's best ideas globally. In India, the team is spread out over Hyderabad and Bangalore and supports over 10 different workflows spread across the 2 domains of digitisation and Product development services. We drive end to end operations strategy and handle large scale ops programs for various teams within the tech organisation.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.