We are currently searching for a high calibre Real Estate Counsel. You will be based at Uber's international headquarters in Amsterdam. However, you'll also be expected to be willing to travel across the region where needed. The position will be based in Amsterdam, working in cooperation with another Real Estate lawyer in Singapore. This position will report to the EMEA & APAC Legal Director based in London.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- High profile role being a trusted advisor to the business, and providing critical legal and strategic input on a wide range of real estate issues.
- Advising Uber's internal real estate team as well as business units on the full range of real estate and construction matters relating to acquisition, disposal, fit out and operation of real estate including providing advice on real estate strategy in respect of Uber's extensive real estate portfolio across two mega regions (EMEA and APAC).
- Draft and negotiate commercial leases, amendments, subleases, assignments, terminations, and similar real estate agreements, both domestically and internationally across EMEA and APAC.across two mega regions (EMEA and APAC).
- Be the primary point of contact for the internal facilities real estate team andto manage Uber's varied Manage a portfolio of leased properties acrossin EMEA and APAC, both domestically and internationally.
- Draft and negotiate facilities-related agreements, such as build-out and construction agreements, services agreements and vendor agreements.
- Possess a strong understanding of complex real estate and contractual issues and related risk assessment.
- Work with multiple types of internal business organizations and clients (e.g., finance, marketing, facilities, procurement).
WHAT YOU ARE
- 5+ years of real estate law experience at a top tier law firm. Mid-size to large law firm experience and In-house experience at a REIT or other significant real estate company (landlord side) preferred. Joint venture and Iinternational real estate law experience a plus.
- Ability to provide concise business-focused legal advice in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to craft creative legal solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to deal with persons in numerous departments and positions within and outside the company.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Ability to self-start and lead projects with minimal supervision.
- Organized, enthusiastic, detail-oriented, dedicated, motivated, self-starter who takes pride in their work product.
- History of driving efficient and strategic use of resources, including other support functions, in-house counsel, vendors and external counsel.
- Strong team orientation encouraging communication and cooperation across organisations and functions.
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of the matter, and articulate plans to address them.
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility and partner with others.
- Excellent business judgment and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.