Product Operations Manager
About the Role
Uber's FinTech team is looking for a Product Operations Manager to assist in Tax & Compliance projects and help align Product Management on strategic and support level requests.
In this role you will work closely with Engineering, Tax and Data analytics teams on feature requests prioritisation and cross-team initiative analysis, planning and alignment. We are looking for a quick-learning, inquisitive, analytical and detail-oriented person with an affinity for workflow automation and technological disruption, who approaches their tasks with determination and ownership.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering and Tax & Reporting teams during requirements definition, product testing, data collection and analysis.
- Observe, analyze and reflect on project execution practices and cross-team collaboration, in order to create and refine processes that result in achieving the desired outcomes faster and more efficiently.
- Assist in milestone definition and delivery timeline alignment between T&C Fintech teams and communicate progress, challenges, dependencies and impact on relevant metrics both internally and externally.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the vision, goals and priorities of the product teams you support and provide them with data-driven recommendations when participating in short- and long-term planning, OKR definition and delivery timeline estimations.
- Facilitate a strong culture of trust, accountability and commitment to impact.
- Create buy-in when interacting with stakeholders.
What you Need:
- Business Administration or Finance-related degree.
- Program or project management experience.
- Passion for data and affinity for modern product management and software development techniques.
- Experience in insight generation and problem solving through experimentation, data analysis and trend identification.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Methodical mindset and high attention to details
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills, and demonstrated ability to influence and gain consensus at senior levels, and explain complex concepts in simple, "layman's" terms
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber