Business Development, Business Development & Sales
in San Francisco, California
About the Role
The Strategy & Planning (S&P) Sr. Associate for Global Business Development (BD) will play a key role in driving business development strategy forward by evaluating strategic business opportunities, analyzing and tracking partnerships, and assisting in deal structuring and execution. She or he will work closely with the global Business Development team and report to the Head of Strategy & Planning, Global Business Development.
What You'll Do
- Develop global and regional business development strategy, including opportunity sizing and prioritization of resources (BD, Product, Operations, Marketing) in collaboration with the Head of S&P, Global BD
- Evaluate partnership opportunities across several industries, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Drive team accountability by managing the deal pipeline and review process, including deal approvals and deal performance tracking and reporting
- Ensure deals serve company strategy, accounting for risk appropriately, monitoring competitive developments, identifying KPIs, and estimating financial impacts
- Launch and manage tools and processes that are foundational to the operation of the Global BD org
- Serve as a thought partner to various Business Development deal and team leads globally
- Interface with external executives alongside seasoned BD professionals for complex deals and relationships
What You'll Need
- Minimum 4 years of experience as an analyst and / or associate at a leading investment bank, private equity fund, or consulting firm, or in an analytical role at a leading tech company
- Highly analytical with strong financial modeling and complex problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity collaborating with and presenting to senior executives
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (Business Development, Legal, Finance, Accounting, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment; ability to work through uncertainty
- Be passionate about the details, do what it takes with speed, resourcefulness, and a positive, go-getter attitude regardless of the tasks at hand
- Bachelor's degree with a demonstrated strong academic performance
- SQL capability or willingness to learn is a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.