About the Role
We are looking for an APAC Regional Operations Manager to work on our Eats Regional Marketplace team. The role will involve designing and executing processes, rolling out product features, running projects, and experiments driven by a deep and analytical understanding of our business. This person will take on extremely complex problems that can be solved by pulling many different levers and should be optimized over multiple objectives.
What You'll Do
- Operational Excellence: Identify operational and structural weaknesses. Help to lead new processes or optimize existing ones to keep our operations as efficient as possible. Uplevel all markets to solutions that best support our partners, and establish gold standards for the region.
- Process Improvement: Be the knowledge lead for regional operations on process improvement topics. Support all teams in Regional Operations by running Process improvement training as well as coach other project leads.
- Be responsible for program management in the regional operations team. Create impactful presentations and project plans that bring the team's agenda to the next level.
- Analytics: Use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to solve a problem and how to analyze it to get to your answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against real-world facts.
- Project management: Drive end-to-end solutions, from inception to implementation, re-iteration, and improvement. Work closely with cross-functional internal teams to build out plans for high visibility projects and programs by identifying requirements, dependencies and building work back schedules to manage to deadlines
What You'll Need
- 3 years of investment banking / consulting / business development / project management / strategy experience, with a proven ability to make data-driven decisions through analytical thinking and experimentation
- Lean Management and/or Six Sigma Certification & relevant experience
- Strong track record of being a respected operational problem solver
- Advanced project management skills - You'll work cross-functionally on a daily basis
- Experience in creating impactful and informative presentations
- Presentation skills - demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various senior audiences (internal and external); ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans.
- Strong communication skills
Who You Are
- A focused self-starter and great communicator - you proactively tackle your work and love the responsibility of being individually empowered
- Solutions Focused - You seek out problems and innovate ways to solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to Uber in your region, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be
- Fantastic Collaborator - You are passionate about working with cross-regional teams in piloting new processes and scaling effective ones across the region
- Great executor - We only get better when we take the leap to make things happen. You have a bias towards action and desire to see your ideas out in the world. You'll have experience taking things from a proposal to a solution
- Possess the hustle to get things done - This is a highly hands-on operational team with a regional scope
Bonus Points for
- Candidates with backgrounds in Economics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, or similar
- Robotics Process Automation Experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.