Senior Software Engineer- Frontend
About the Role
We are looking for skilled & motivated engineers to help build core components for the FinTech Hyderabad team. The FinTech team at Hyderabad played a crucial role in supporting the IPO and continues to ensure Uber is financially compliant. This team is responsible to track all money movements across all businesses globally. This data is the source of truth to understand the business performance in various regions and to help Uber in making business decisions.
What You'll Do
This is a very high impact role that will provide a holistic perspective on the Finance Technologies at Uber and brings with it the opportunity to collaborate and interact with a global cross-functional group.
- You will be a part of key initiatives like Daily Accounting Closes and Finance As A Service where you will collaborate with major infrastructure teams at Uber.
- You will be building High performance scalable applications.
- Apart from building scalable architectures, you will also work with Product Managers to understand the domain of Finance and the nuances of various business's.
FinTech is the backbone of Uber, and we are looking for smart and motivated senior engineers who can make a difference and change the way FinTech works at Uber. Does this sound exciting to you? Are you a tested teammate, strategic problem solver and executor? We want to hear from you.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- At least 7+ years of individual contributor experience as a software engineer developing, releasing, and maintaining web applications
- Coding chops, clean, elegant, bug-free code
- Skilled at building solutions with apt architecture and design. Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems for complex web applications
- Prior experience as a tech lead who has mentored/led small teams in building product features at scale
- The ability to go deep, but also appreciate the challenge of going broad. Uber has a huge stack, and we're all over it: backend services, real-time dispatch, machine learning, mobile, web development, data and analytics, infrastructure, marketing systems.
- Intelligence. High adaptability. Ability to learn quickly.
- Bias for bold action. Our growth requires embracing change with sureness and boldness. We expect our engineers to be proactive about addressing both operational and scalability challenges as we grow.
- Ownership, drive and passion. Engineers at Uber know what it means to truly own their services. Quality, performance, and robustness are expected of all services. Engineers take ownership of the uptime of their services, and they are empowered with the tools to do what is needed to keep them running. Great monitoring, alerting, and test coverage are championed at Uber and we provide engineers with the tools to do so.
- Obsessive collaboration. We work closely with other business and Eng groups. We communicate proactively to address new challenges, work through requirements, and improve our operational efficiency.
- Strong desire to learn and grow, while building the best in class systems
- Strong flair for effective communication and collaboration - you know when to push on and when to step back
- Collaborate with UX Designers, UX researchers, Product Managers to deliver magical user experiences
- An ability to have fun while working on the hardest problems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber