About the Role
We're looking for a Program Manager, Payroll GPO (Global Process Owner) who will join our team in facilitating a global adaptable business of efficient and compliant end-to-end payroll processes, services and tools. You are effectively a liaison between all payroll teams, its business partners and customers.
This role is all about collaboration and standardisation to support global payroll efficiency. Additionally you will have the opportunity to help create projects, initiatives and processes from scratch.
What You'll Do
- Synthesise and execute long term vision and strategy with regards to payroll and cross-functional processes and systems to align across all key stakeholders and projects
- Build, foster and maintain strong relationships with the Regional Payroll and Delivery Center teams and its cross-functional business partner peers to align objectives with regards to payroll process and system improvement initiatives impacting the global payroll process
- Drive global payroll transformation efforts, mobilise and take responsibility for the people and the technology required to support seamless transitions as a result of payroll platforms changes
- Report and analyse project and initiative performance to identify trends and any cross-functional overlaps as well as facilitating a set of short-term and/or long-term solutions
- Mobilise the various project teams in the execution of change management and delivery of projects by continuously evaluating stakeholder needs against deliverables
- Prior to deploying new processes and significant system enhancements, assesses business readiness of the respective operational teams as needed and is responsible for all communications around process and system changes to all key stakeholders
- Evaluate and sign off on the current "as-is" and "to-be" payroll processes and requirements that impact the global payroll process
- Coach and mentor the Regional Payroll and Delivery Center teams to facilitate an environment that targets payroll compliance and best-in-class processes for global payroll and related programs
- Provide ad hoc GPO Subject Matter Expertise for the Regional Payroll and Delivery Center teams for complex issues/points and/or process breakdowns within the end-to-end payroll processes and services
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Foster a culture of change and continuous improvement to facilitate learning opportunities and new skill set building.
What You'll Need
The successful candidate:
- Must possess a minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience in global project management and end-to-end global payroll business processes.
- Is a strategic and critical thinker as well as a strong team player with a focus on operational excellence.
- Is able to influence and develop others by being a trusted advisor.
- Has strong presentation, organisational, communication, data collection and analytical skills. It is important this candidate enjoys developing high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams and functions while driving ad-hoc cross-functional initiatives across multiple geographies and time zones as this forms a major part of the job scope.
- Has the ability to occasionally travel, plan, prioritise, think outside of the box and have a positive attitude to embrace change is required.
Bonus Points If:
You have experience in the below areas:
- Workday HCM & Payroll
- ADP Streamline, Celergo CGC, Immedis iConnect, Neeyamo P&C
- Atlassian Jira Ticket Management
- Smart Sheets
- Oracle R12
- Equity benefits payroll processing
- Microsoft Office, Google Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides, Calendar and Drive
- Spanish and other foreign languages
About the Team
The Payroll GPO team services the various Payroll Operational teams by facilitating a global adaptable business of efficient and compliant Payroll Processes, Services and Systems. In its essence the Payroll GPO is a team of people that tries to provide global standardised practices so that Payroll Operational teams can perform their work to the best of their capabilities.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.