City Operations, Operations & Launch
in Taipei City, Taiwan (ROC)
About the Role
We're looking for a growth-oriented rock star to help grow Uber Eats in Taiwan. This position is based in Taiwan, working closely with the country team as well as other APAC functional teams. The role is responsible for driving various growth initiatives from identifying business opportunities, scoping the required resources investment, assessing synergies with the core-business, designing experiments, planning the go-to-market strategy, and pre-empting risk.
The right candidate will be analytical, business savvy, able to make data-driven decisions, strong in project and stakeholder management and also be innovative in developing growth strategies for the markets. This is the ideal role for someone who has experience establishing a new business, creating and leading innovative initiatives to drive cost-effective user growth and have a deep passion for scaling up a mass consumer business.
What You'll Do
- The role is responsible for driving various growth initiatives from identifying business opportunities, scoping the required resources investment, assessing synergies with the core-business, designing experiments, planning the go-to-market strategy, and pre-empting risk.
- Understand local market dynamics with customers, restaurant partners, and delivery partners to drive segmentation strategy with the goal of increasing conversion.
- Be bold and innovative to design and drive high growth strategic initiatives focusing on new customer and partner growth and revenue.
- Scale processes and build solutions to grow our marketplace without compromising customer experience for consumers, restaurant and delivery partners.
- Identify and monitor success metrics. Make metrics visible to the relevant teams to support business decisions. Innovation starts with data intelligence, and the right metrics are at the foundation of data intelligence.
- Build dashboards and reports that the entire team use to help them make key decisions every day.
- Collaborate with all other functional teams in Taiwan and APAC region to get input and buy-in to scale the Taiwan business, including the TW Operations and Sales teams, Marketing, Community Operations, Policy, Tax, Legal, Communications, Strategy & Planning and People Operations.
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of business consulting, data analytics, or related experience in a rapidly changing environment. Evidence of complete ownership of a multifaceted project with many stakeholders highly valued.
- Strong analytical ability: Evidence of effective modelling to facilitate decisions; ability to draw key insights from analysis; knowledge of SQL; experience with other statistical packages or basic programming skills is highly regarded.
- Strong commercial acumen: Deep understanding of the life-time value of our customer and partner base so that we deploy high ROI acquisition strategies.
- Creative mindset: Innovative problem solver who is not afraid of creating and implementing new market strategies that help with rapid scaling and growth.
- End-to-end process ownership: Understands what a robust process looks like and can build, iterate and automate the process in a scalable and efficient way.
- Effective collaboration and communication: Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to collaborate across functions and levels, from communication to execution.
- Pursues perfection without compromising on execution: On things that truly matter, someone who is fastidious about making sure we get the answer right. Even with a robust and detailed process, still executes at a reliable pace. Excited to tackle large, complex initiatives that may move slowly because of high risk and/or multiple stakeholders.
- Mandarin speaking and writing a must, proficient SQL experience a plus.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.