About the Role
The Growth Analytics Operations Manager** **is a unique opportunity to have a high influence on Uber Eats 2019 strategy.
This is a critical role as it will be developing and executing strategies to ensure Uber Eats hits our growth goals (both trips and and gross bookings growth) at the lowest possible investment. At the same time, it will also be responsible for incubating new initiatives with the goal of continuing to experiment and improve the value of every customer to Uber.
What You'll Do
- Develop & Optimize Analytics Assets - Scale new and existing analytical assets to allow the business to efficiently operate and realize growth. Analytical assets include machine learning models, experiments, dashboards, etc
- Analytics - Use various business intelligence techniques to bring deeper understanding of courier, restaurant, and eater metrics. Uncover hidden patterns and business drivers that optimize our different business equations. Use data to challenge the status quo and drive teams to action!
- Develop investment strategies based on lifecycle profiles (existing users, new users, cross-sell with ridesharing business, etc.) and user cohorts.
- Run stat sig experiments to better understand elasticity and user behavior across different channels and levels of investment
- Strategy - Help decide which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Be owner - Take ownership of Uber Eats' growth in Mexico and do everything you can to support and enhance the quality of our services; We expect you to be proactive and resourceful in order to remove road blockers and find creative solutions
- Measures of success: improving retention curves (by cohort and over time), achieve topline trips / GB, meet budgeted spend per trip
What You'll Need
- Professional proficiency in English and Spanish
- Technical expertise - SQL knowledge required, R or Python highly desired
- Experience with Machine learning, experimentation, modeling in general, business intelligence, data mining, data pipelines.
- Knowledge of experimentation techniques. We want to build a knowledge base of tactics with an expectation of how they will impact the market
- Problem solving - Being able to solve issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic, common sense and data. Identifying the root cause of a problem as opposed to focusing on the symptoms
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and a collaborative attitude
- A willingness to be "on the ground" working responsively with our driver and restaurant partners
- Good communication skills that will allow you to clearly explain your work and to participate in constructive debate
- Stakeholder management
- Experience working within a matrix and multi-country located organization
- Experience creating and optimizing processes a plus, but not required
- A quantitative Bachelor's degree (engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, physics, etc.)
- A minimum of 3 years of high performing work experience in startup, strategy, operations, analytics, business development, consulting, or a variety of other specialty roles with demonstrated ability in quantitative fields is expected, but we'll evaluate candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.