About the Role
We're excited to open a new senior role focussed on growth in the Uber Eats Mexico team.
This is a team lead role, managing a small team of Operations Managers to deliver on Uber Eat's Mexico's customer growth strategy. To succeed in this role you'll have a great mix of an analytical skillset allowing you to closely manage the work of your team and support them, as well as a strategic mindset and strong stakeholder management to help you drive the direction of the team, and work cross-functionally across the restaurants, national and regional operations, territory marketing and legal teams.
What You'll Do
- Own the strategy and execution to ensure we hit our topline trips / GB growth at the lowest possible investment
- Understand market balance across different markets to identify the best potential ROI for incremental investment dollars
- Weekly allocation of total investment dollars across channels (menu pricing, promos, performance, etc.)
- Optimize investment levels based on user cohorts to ensure investment is target
- Run stat sig experiments to better understand elasticity and user behavior across different channels and levels of investment
- Measures of success - acquisition cost for new users; cost per incremental first trip and cost per incremental tripimproving retention curves (by cohort and over time), achieve topline trips / GB, meet budgeted spend per trip
- Team strategy and management - you'll own the overall performance and direction of the team and be expected to manage them to a high standard, including being comfortable managing and coaching your team on analytics and experimentation strategy
What You'll Need
- Professional proficiency in English and Spanish
- Technical Expertise - SQL highly desired, and strong excel skills required
- Knowledge of segmentation and experimentation techniques and experience with modeling and business intelligence. We want to build a comprehensive understanding of user segment behavior to optimize our investments
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Experience with budgeting processes and assessing market balance is a plus
- Problem solving - Being able to solve issues that involve people, things, and processes by using logic, common sense and data. Identifying the root cause of a problem as opposed to focusing on the symptoms
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and a collaborative attitude
- A willingness to be "on the ground" working responsively with our driver and restaurant partners
- Good communication skills that will allow you to clearly explain your work and to participate in constructive debate
- Strong project management and stakeholder management capabilities. Scaling new initiatives will occur quickly and require working across teams locally in Mexico, with functional teams, regional teams, and product teams
- Team Leadership - This role will manage a small team to help execute on two main verticals and be responsible for continued development of team members
- A quantitative Bachelor's degree (engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, physics, etc.) preferred
- 5+ years of high performing work experience in startup, strategy, operations, growth, performance marketing, analytics, management experience, or a variety of other specialty roles with demonstrated ability in quantitative fields is expected, but we'll evaluate candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.