Global Program Manager, People Operations
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Talent Acquisition teams find, attract, and hire the world's greatest minds to join Uber.
About the Team
The Global Programs team sits within the broader People Business Operations organization. The People Business Operations team is responsible for building and scaling the infrastructure, upon which Uber's employee experience and people processes can scale. We manage the optimization and operations of key global programs across the employee lifecycle, from onboarding to transitions and offboarding. We care deeply about ensuring the most effective experience for our employees, in alignment with the larger business and organizational strategy.
Our team is a mix of user centric design thinkers, operations specialists and program managers. Our scope offers us the unique exposure to the entire People team ecosystem as well as a vast array of cross functional partners.
About the Role
Global program managers are aligned to a specific program within the employee lifecycle. Given the exciting growth in our employee base across the globe, it's important that we balance deep empathy of employee needs and operational efficiency. You will scale processes, service delivery, and operating model within your program(s). You will partner with the COE team and regional People Operations team to prioritize and lead global program initiatives and ensure they are compliant, incorporate regional nuances, meet partner expectations, and are delivered on time.
What You'll Do
- Using user-centric design thinking, optimize and scale processes through process redesign, operating model design, automation, system integration or adoption, offshoring to build a seamless and timely employee experience and improve operational efficiency
- Lead program objectives, metrics, and priorities and ensure ongoing updates and communication to partner teams
- Handle backlog of priorities for your program, to help operationalize the global team vision in a principled and focussed approach. This will require a strategic prioritization framework user impact, cross functional readiness or dependencies, resource optimization, financial impact, etc.
- Due to the highly matrixed nature of the role, you will be encouraged to seamlessly partner with and influence various teams from within and beyond the People team (Employee Relations, Legal, IT, Finance, etc.)
- Lead organizational change and partner management for program initiative implementation
- Develop the knowledge and expertise in the systems related to your program(s), including third-party systems and integrations in partnership with the IT team
- Maintain documentation and standard methodologies on program process maps, templates, and workflows
- Identify, track, and raise issues and risks related to program initiatives
- Improve the employee experience by enabling employee and manager self-service capabilities in Workday and ServiceNow
- 5+ years of experience in business operations, HR operations, (HR) strategy, operations management, process improvement or similar areas
- Project/program management experience
- Proven project/process management experience: from recommending and implementing global continuous process improvements to serving as a key liaison with external partners and internal clients to document, approve and implement changes
- Excel in data analysis, reporting, and visualization. Ability to develop and provide relevant reporting metrics on program results to support decision making
- Strong written and verbal communicator - able to effectively collaborate with leaders, cross-functional partners, and peers
- Sharp business acumen and proven track record of managing and implementing program initiatives aligned to broader company goals
- Proven experience and resilience for operating in a fast paced, agile, ambiguous, multi-geographic context
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; highly adaptable to change
- Experience in Workday and ServiceNow
- Experience in Tableau and Visier for data visualization and analysis
- Experience in Asana for prioritization and project management
- Self awareness and humility to continuously learn and grow
- Experience and understanding of systems thinking and design thinking to solve user problems
- BS/BA degree
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber