In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Talent Acquisition teams find, attract, and hire the world's greatest minds to join Uber.
About the Role
We pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the groundbreaking technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber, well, Uber. Delivering a first-class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we want a Recruiting Leader who has the same critical eye.
This is a key, strategic role focused on hiring for our software engineering teams that are highly visible to our end users. This role is all about bringing on the smartest folks, maintaining our culture as we continue to grow, and putting processes in place to keep it moving.
If you are looking to leverage & hone your leadership skills and help in hiring the best talent in the industry for key roles in a fun-filled, people-centric, good learning ecosystem, then this might just be the opportunity for you.
What You'll Do
- Passionately drive results, think and act quickly, operate long-term and in the best interest of company objectives.
- Build teams to support our long-term strategy. This position will uphold a high hiring bar continuously and drive process improvement to hire engineering talent faster.
- Analyze and utilize data to influence process changes and decision-making
- Drive results through innovation. We are a unique company and brand and thus need equally innovative strategies to hit our hiring goals. Scalability and sustainability are key success metrics.
- 8+ years of recruiting or sourcing experience
- 3+ years direct management experience
- Successful Project Management abilities, delivering upon workstreams within high-priority projects
- Experience developing end-to-end Recruiting experience at an in-house Corporate Recruiting environment
- Previous experience leading technical hiring teams
- Proven ability to digest and present data on the recruiting process, identifying roadblocks and crafting solutions to make a more efficient process
- Experience with iCIMS ATS
- Deep knowledge of immigration issues and visa requirements
- Understanding of technical pre-assessment
- Passion for the candidate experience and diversity initiatives, driving hiring and results for our engineering organizations
- Prior experience implementing successful processes to build pipeline efficiency
- Proven track record of innovation & creativity and Cross-boundary partnerships
- Active participation in building a positive team environment
- Adaptability - Prior exposure and partnership with a wide variety of very senior-level individuals including our top-level business leaders and top-tier professional candidates within a technical organization
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber