About the Role
As a COE Planning Manager you will be responsible for planning the operations of our four customer support centers in EMEA. You will provide thought leadership on capacity, business and financial planning questions and build frameworks for advanced decision making in those areas. You will also recommend improvements to our operating model in order to make it more efficient. Your scope will cover our four sites in EMEA (Lisbon, Cairo, Krakow, Limerick)
What You'll Do
Capacity and workload:
- Work closely with workforce management and Business Planning teams to better understand the trends in terms of work volumes, staff attrition and hiring turnaround times for the different lines of business that we service.
- Provide key stakeholders with short-term and long-term strategic capacity plans that reflect forecasted volume, shrinkage, and staffing requirements.
- Maintains in depth awareness of all LOB forecasting changes and upcoming initiatives, in order to maintain proper capacity and achieve agreed upon service levels (SLAs).
- Generate timely hiring plans that reflect workload requirements based on provided forecasts.
- Conducts ongoing validation of capacity model using seasonality and COE behavioral trends.
- Works with WFM scheduling teams to ensure proper staffing to cover hours of operations and arrival patterns.
- Maintains seat maps and optimizes seat utilization for all lines of business.
- Own HC planning meetings with key stakeholders to keep pulse with upcoming team movements, attrition, and suggesting hiring when needed to maintain plan.
- Distill in-depth analysis and recommendations as pertains to shrinkage, utilization and handle times.
- Provide transformational advice, key insights and solutions to resolve staffing and volume related challenges.
- Collaborate with Finance and Business Planning teams to establish and review COE financial budgets
- Track P&L progression and realisations versus budget.
- Help assess the financial impact of key decisions through sensitivity and scenario analysis
- Help drive lean culture with a focus on ROI driven decision making
- At ease navigating the COE financial metrics (cost per contact, cost per hour etc.) and gradually become the COE point of contact for footprint related decisions.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science-based subject
- 4 + years of investment banking, financial consulting (Transaction services, M&A), or other analytics heavy field.
- Very Advanced experience with G-Sheets and formulas (Lookups & Pivot Tables, Macros, G-Sheet Queries) & Report Generation
- At ease dealing with large datasets and distilling insights in a succinct and organised manner
- Strong written/verbal presentation skills. Credible with executive level stakeholders
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
Bonus Points if
- Experience with Workforce management, specifically capacity planning
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Multi-site /network resource planning.
About the Team
Centers of Excellence (COEs) are the beating heart of Uber's Community operations network. They are designed to provide Customer support via multiple channels such as email, phone, live chat and social media in order to guarantee a seamless experience before, during and after the ride/meal delivery. Their role is also to further improve product and operations, especially in the domain of support:
- Launching support for new products
- Improving existing support processes
- Developing innovative support techniques
- Providing business insights based on support interactions
As our COEs matured, their focus has been increasingly shifting from traditional support (tickets, phone, chat) to beyond support programs such as inside sales, business development (Uber for Business) and Freight.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.