Data Engineer II - AdTech
About the Role
Uber spends a significant amount on Ad and Marketing efforts which can be optimised significantly to directly impact the bottom line. AdTech platform team builds the software systems that make this happen. Basically, the systems made tell you where to spend in sales and marketing. And the scale is huge - working with datasets that are world population scale (billions of rows). You will be working on data from millions of rides, restaurant partners, driver and delivery partners.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Architecture skills. Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. Can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Excellent coding/debugging abilities. Have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Python, Scala and Java.
- Big data experience. Experience with Distributed system such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Vertica is helpful.
- Data pipeline understanding. Detailed understanding in SQL, Database. Experience in building data pipeline is nice to have. Love getting into the details with the data implementing custom ETLs to shape it into information.
- To be a fast learner. We're looking for software engineers who grow with learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our extensive growth and constantly evolving business environment.
- A great teammate attitude. Believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement!
- Design and eye for business. Understand requirements, whether working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber