Software Engineer II (Backend) - Uber Freight
About the team
Uber Freight connects shippers with truckers, much like the way Uber connects riders and drivers. The Freight team believes that empowering truck drivers will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly safer transportation to our roads. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals bringing technologies, algorithms and lessons from Uber's core business into the $700B U.S. Transportations & Logistics industry. Comprised of Uber veterans and newcomers, we are looking for candidates who share our enthusiasm for disrupting today's toughest challenges in transportation. We are a Customer Obsessed team, and care deeply about our users, continually looking for opportunities to improve their lives.
About the Role
As a Backend Software Engineer on Freight, you will create a scalable architecture and implement algorithms in our applications that power our independent drivers, shippers, sales and operations teams to transport freight across the world. You will be developing scalable backend micro-services and partner with Product Managers & Data Scientists to bring Algorithmic solutions to our users. At your disposal will be the tools that helped Uber grow to be a worldwide company, as well as new and upcoming tech from our Compute, Platform and Machine Learning teams.
- Minimum of 4+ years software engineering experience
- Experience developing highly scalable backend microservices
- Experience with C++, Java, or Go
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of data structure and algorithms and an ability to use them practically when implementing solutions
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of the logistics and freight industry a plus
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada