Senior Strategy & Planning Lead, ANZ
About the Role
The Senior Strategy and Planning Lead will join the Uber Eats S&P team. This team fulfills a key business partner function within the organisation, working to distil business insights to shape an informed strategy, champion effective growth investments and enable organisational effectiveness.
Leveraging business acumen and analytical experience gained from challenging environments in the past, this role will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We're looking for someone who can zoom out to set a vision and solve problems from 30,000 feet, as well as zoom in to dive deep into the details.
As a partner to our Uber Operations and Cross Functional teams, you will help support the strategic decision making process throughout the ANZ region by utilising your analytical skills, a heavy data driven approach and an operational mindset. The ideal candidate for this role has strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organisational habits, experience navigating and influencing a cross-functional, matrixed organisation, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to senior stakeholders.
About the Team
Uber Eats ANZ Strategy & Planning (S&P) team is a tight-knit, impactful team that has a crucial role across the region's business. We partner closely with senior leadership (both within the region and globally), cross-functional leadership, and our teams on the ground in each market, and we nurture and enjoy strong relationships and rapport across the region. Our team drives three key verticals: (1) Business Strategy, (2) Business Planning, and (3) Organisational Enablement. This role will involve projects across all three verticals.
**What You'll Do:
- Work closely with operations, marketing, sales, finance and teammates within S&P to identify important trends, problems and opportunities
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions to propel the business forward
- As part of the company-wide strategic planning process, set strategic priorities, translate them into concrete projects & work closely with teams across the region to deliver on execution
- Distil large volumes of information and present them back to the business in the form of succinct business insights
- Evaluate the economic and strategic costs/benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies
- Develop strategic and analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with operations, marketing, analytics, product, finance in the region and at HQ to set clear objectives for the business
- Work closely with other members of the Uber team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local teams as efficient as possible
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts as well as ensuring a tight cadence on financial reporting and delivery as part of our overall commitment to the APAC region as a business
- Be a resourceful multi-tasker, supporting teams across the region. You'll be the go-to person for many key organisational initiatives requiring cross functional collaboration
- Leverage the professional development and learning opportunities from frequent direct engagement with senior leadership across the Eats business
**What You'll Need:
- 8+ years of strategy consulting, strategic planning, or related experience; You have been working in corporate strategic planning or an engagement manager or above at a top tier consulting firm or similar level experience. Some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred. -- if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
- Highly developed business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly to identify the highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesise a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take-aways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Analytical rigour - We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to solve a problem and how to analyse it to get to the answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Be incredibly truth-seeking with information, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively, communicate frequently and with high quality; then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Strong financial analysis competency with exceptional Excel/data skills.
- MBA, BS or Comm degree from a top university.
- Proficiency in SQL
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale - energising local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada