Software Engineer, Backend - Safety Identity
About the Role
As a Software Engineer on the Engineering team in Brazil, you will be an early member of Uber's first Tech Center in Latin America! We play a crucial role in our mission to thoroughly verify the identity of our customers (riders) and partners (drivers, restaurants, freight companies) while ensuring powerful, intuitive and frictionless user experiences!
What You'll Do
- Design and own architecture that spans across Uber's stack and multiple parts of the Identity organization.
- Work on cutting edge technologies to automatically verify images and documents.
- Build large scale systems to find similarities and relationships between various entities such as users, devices, images etc.
- Build verification products such as facial recognition, voice recognition, biometrics etc.
- Integrate with business systems dealing with risk, safety, and compliance. And also integrate with 3rd parties to perform additional data validations.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience working in a similar role and working in large-scale distributed systems. We use Hadoop/HDFS, Spark, Kafka, Samza, Cassandra, and more.
- Demonstrated experience of shipping high-quality product features on schedule.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and technologies. We use Go, Java, Scala and Python.
- Advanced English.
- Passion for learning new skills and working on high-impact products.
- Desirable experience on Machine Learning and experience cross-collaborating with multiple teams to drive impact.
About the Team
Sao Paulo is the first Tech Center in Latin America opened in 2018. We have a strong team working to improve the user experience in our platform globally. Trusted identity team plays a crucial role in our mission to thoroughly verify the identity of our customers (riders) and partners (drivers, restaurants, freight companies) while ensuring powerful, intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our continued obsession for innovation in the space is important to ensure safety as people interact on Uber's platform.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada