Product Manager-II, Customer Obsession
About the Role
As a Product Manager for Customer Obsession, you will lead product strategy and development of platforms to drive higher customer engagement across all Uber support experiences including mobile and web for Riders, Drivers, Eaters, and Businesses. You will be using best of breed technologies, and latest machine learning, data science techniques, and design thinking to accomplish this at a scale that has never been done before in the industry.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
What You'll Do
- Work closely with an extensive global community operations organization to integrate business processes and policies onto the platform
- Collaborate with design team and guide their investments for research, prototyping, experimentation, and overall design thinking.
- Craft an ambitious product vision, strategy and roadmap with the machine learning team in data analysis for a high impact prediction, and personalization strategy.
- Collaborate with various Uber product teams to integrate customer information and infographics to enable accurate and crafted resolutions.
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team. Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all members of cross-functional team #superpumped.
- Be exceptionally truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is vital to inform product direction, whether in the form of driven intel, rider behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and welcome critical feedback.
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think aggressively and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Make tradeoff decisions based on technical and business insights and experimentation
- Supervise and measure launched products and foster insights back into product development process to drive growth
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal partners to Uber executives, employees to riders.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of proven experience in a product development.
- Demonstrable product thinking.
- Prior experience collaborating with design, engineering and data science to ship products even if not in an official Product Management capacity is helpful.
- Technical savviness. Can manifest in different ways: a computer science undergraduate degree, hands-on software engineering experience, or experiences building sophisticated software products side by side with engineers. Technical understanding can go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- Attention to detail. The ability to obsess over every piece of information in a menu.
- Customer obsession. Taking on complex product challenges and find sophisticated, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our users and partner's problems.
- You go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an informative story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- A "Driver" attitude. You are biased toward action, a phenomenal collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward visibility and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and seek something hands-on.
- A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada