Manager, M&A Ethics and Compliance
Global Compliance creates the foundation upon which the company's business and corporate teams comply with relevant laws and regulations. We are present in every geographical region where Uber's businesses operate, aligned closely to the business teams, and our team at HQ works with the corporate functions to embed compliance and ethics into HQ programs. It is our mission and passion to support Uber to do the right thing. Period.
About the Role
We are currently searching for a Manager, M&A Ethics and Compliance to join our Legal Compliance team to project manage the mergers, acquisitions, and joint venture compliance work stream. This is a new role for Uber's Ethics and Compliance team and an outstanding opportunity to make an immediate contribution in an exciting area. The position is based in San Francisco.
What you'll do
- Participate in due diligence, understand the strategic objectives of each transaction, assess risks and challenges, develop comprehensive project plans, monitor deal status, drive integration planning and execution, and give regular status updates to each Ethics and Compliance sub-team (Legal, Trade and Sanctions, Payments, Operations / Regulatory, Health and Regional Leads). You will work closely with each sub-team Lead, and the various business teams and other stakeholders, on all new proposed acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures
- Ethics and Compliance POC for pre-acquisition due diligence, including preparing and /or responding to written questionnaires and diligence requests, preparing for and assisting with diligence calls and interviews, working with diligence vendors and developing and executing risk mitigation plans
- Ethics and Compliance POC for integration activities, including developing integration plans with emphasis on post-close Day-1 obligations, such as establishing anti-corruption policies, procedures, controls and training, and sanctions screening, export control plans for software and technology, customs compliance, anti-boycott compliance and other Trade Compliance processes, as appropriate
- Perform post-close deal work and improve program as needed including, preparing and performing risk assessments of acquired entities or JVs, documenting any on-going obligations and deadlines (e.g., reporting, board training, etc.) and ensure they are actioned
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years of experience in banking, consulting, legal or other relevant field advising, evaluating or executing mergers, acquisitions, JVs, and/or other related corporate finance activity.
- Prior mergers and acquisition due diligence and/or integration experience required
- Excellent analytical and project management skills, mature and innovative problem solver
- Prior compliance work experience
- Adaptable and resilient person with the proven track record to make decisions and impact, persuade and build consensus, and possess a desire to collaborate with multiple teams and multiple projects
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in sophisticated organizational environments and self-starter qualities
- Passionate about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada