LatAm Payments Operations Manager
About the Role
Join the Brazil Payments team to help design and implement payment strategies with the goal to have a flawless experience for earners and spenders on the Uber Platform and reduce transaction cost for Uber. You will be the PMO for strategic and high-impact initiatives such as launching new local payment methods and the required local payment license process for Uber Money in Brazil.
Projects are high impact to local businesses and involve working with multiple local and global partners, as well as external partners.
What You'll Do
- Help craft, coordinate and lead Uber's strategy to minimize risk across the Uber marketplace
- Develop and implement new risk mitigation solutions and frameworks that improve our ability to deter, detect, measure and intervene against fraudulent activity, including better operational processes, automated systems, and upstream design solutions
- Strategy. Working with the wider Risk & Payments organization, you will shape your roadmap and decide which projects and areas of compliance and fraud the central team should focus on and set a bold timeline to reach those goals
- Work with Product, Engineering and Finance leaders to define shared goals, influence product roadmap to reduce risk, and improve our payments strategy and be the voice of LatAm for all related matters
- Partner Relations. Handle driver education and help them avoid fraudulent behaviors
- Partner management. Closely work together with partners from across the region and the world to deliver premier anti-fraud measures
- Cost-Benefit Analysis. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies as efficiently as possible
- Evaluate risk potential of new product features or business lines and advise decision-making at the design stage
- Get ahead. Take ownership of Uber's growth in LatAm
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Partner management: for this role, you will work closely with multiple teams, such as product, payment ops, local ops, regulatory and BD
- Planning & execution: you will have to plan and launch highly complex projects, such as the local payments license
- Creative problem solving: you'll need to be able to remove roadblocks and solve issues that will arise during the project.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber