Sr Software Engineer
About the Role
We are looking for exceptional engineers to build systems for our very own employees. Our mission is to enhance Uber's corporate speed, reliability and worker happiness by building products, integrations and platforms. You will work closely with a highly capable team of engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers to ensure Uber's internal products and platforms are a powerful and innovative business advantage.
What You'll Do
- You'll work with your teammates in a disciplined agile development environment to solve diverse technical challenges.
- As a Software Engineer you will build products and services that are highly available and scalable to serve our employees and global business groups.
- As a Software Engineer, you'll build modern web applications, integrate cloud services, and help drive projects to successful completion.
About the Team
People Tech Team as a part of IT Engineering builds systems and services for our very own employees. Our mission is to enhance Uber's corporate speed, reliability and worker happiness by building products, integrations and platforms.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Architecture skills: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language and are happy to learn more. At the core of modern web applications at Uber is Fusion.js, a web framework for building high quality universal React/Redux/Node applications. When working on backend, you'll primarily be working in Java.
- To be a fast learner: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- A team player attitude: You believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen: You understand requirements, whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Data: Experience querying data using SQL.
- Comfortable driving development from a sketch to a polished product
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining APIs
- Experience with Internal products.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber