Head of Territory Operations, California - Uber Eats
About the Role
The Territory Operations Lead will be passionate about their territory, doing fast-paced, agile work to drive local metrics and results. You will execute on proven strategies and processes and flex to address the needs of your geo. You will partner closely with the Strategic Operations team, as well as the City Managers, Sellers, and Account Managers to identify and resolve issues and capture opportunities quickly.
What You'll Do
- Lead and manage a team of Eater, Merchant, or Courier operations
- Set vision and develop strategy around operations and experience within a territory
- Provide input on local business need or how regulation impacts processes or products
- Work with City Managers, Territory Leads, and GMs to help identify, solve, or call out issues
- Voice business needs and opportunities with Strategic Operations leaders
- Track performance against OKRs across the territory
- Plan and lead multi-city or state-wide initiatives
- Oversee any territory-specific processes or campaigns needed in addition to or instead of nationally scaled ones
- A minimum of five years of professional work experience in consulting, operations, strategy, analytics, tech, or investment banking
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of four years leading teams
- Experience working with large sets of unstructured data and synthesizing into business insights (e.g., using SQL, Excel).
- Experience problem solving and passion for prioritizing and deconstructing sophisticated problems.
- Ability to negotiate priorities with internal partners at all levels.
- Experience leading teams across global time zones
- Strong experience building and leading diverse teams
- Unparalleled business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish the highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Strong collaboration skills - building deep, trust based relationships with territory and cross functional teams
- Experience with quantitative data analysis, deep measurable insights, modeling, and sophisticated test plan design and analysis
- High energy and motivational leadership driven by personal influence and example with direct staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with a diverse set of partners in a constantly changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada