Company Secretary, Uber Payments
Uber is a game-changing company that enables innovative mobility and logistics services around the world. You may know us best as enabling people to book a ride via the Uber platform with a touch of their smartphone. We're much more now and are changing the way people and things move around the world through products like Uber Eats, Uber Freight and various new mobility offerings like JUMP bikes and scooters. We are in over 600 cities worldwide, including in over 40 countries in Europe, Middle East and Africa and we recently listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Uber Payments is a core function and critical enabler of Uber's global business. With operations in over 60 countries and more than $70 billion in annual payments, Uber's payment functions are central to the success of the organisation. Uber Payments B.V. (UPBV) is the European payments entity that supports all lines of current and future business in 30+ European countries and is operating under an e-money license from the Dutch Central Bank. As such UPBV. has a particular governance structure with an independent Supervisory Board and has to comply with specific regulatory requirements.
We are currently searching for a high calibre Company Secretary to lead and manage all UPBV related corporate affairs related matters. You will report directly to the chair of the Management Board of UPBV.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Efficiently manage all UPBV corporate affairs related matters
- Be the point of contact across corporate governance and company secretarial issues for the UPBV business
- Provide thought leadership and guidance on all areas of corporate governance related issues and ensure that UPBV has the correct structures in place and the right people, properly briefed, in positions of board responsibility
- Support the Management Board and Supervisory Board including Committees in their organisation
- Ensure that the Management Board and Supervisory Board and including Committee meetings are properly prepared, conducted (including liaising with. non-executive directors as needed) and minuted
- Assisting with financial and (internal) audit related matters and relevant reporting requirements
- Providing company secretarial support
- Work closely with colleague company secretaries within Uber on corporate governance related matters
- Effectively manage the human resources service as provided by the Uber human resources teams and act as a linking pin to other internal service providers where necessary
- Efficiently liaise with all relevant teams within the Uber organisation
- Represent the Management Board at the 'Betaalvereniging Nederland'
- Provide strategic and proactive advice to the Management Board and the Supervisory Board in respect of corporate affairs related matters. It's our job to peer round corners for the business and ensure that we are well positioned for the future
- Effectively and efficiently engage with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively and efficiently engage with outside advisors where necessary in alignment with other teams and departments where appropriate
- Understand, interpret and apply current regulations as applicable to Uber Payments' business model and your areas of responsibility
- Ensure that proper management information is available at the commercial registry and DNB.
- Maintain up to date the UPBV information in the DNB Digitaal Loket Toezicht
- Review and communicate timely to the management board reporting obligations as communicated by the DNB in their Digitaal Loket Rapportages
- Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Significant experience at a leading law firm or in-house (ideally 8+ years).
- Strong academic credentials to degree level. Law degree or other relevant qualification (e.g. Chartered Secretary) from a top law school or university.
- Excellent knowledge of current corporate governance/ company secretarial practice, at both detailed and summary level
- Proven corporate governance experience of Board and Committee meetings.
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with financial regulatory authorities
- To be able to think on your feet and make quick decisions
- Thrive in high impact/high profile situations
- Strong organisational skills
- The highest standards of integrity and punctuality
- Proactive and assertive in approach
- Credible and professional
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Any other relevant languages are an advantage too
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada