Manager, Public Policy
About policy at Uber
Our public policy team is responsible for working with policymakers, regulators and third parties to make the positive case for Uber as a platform.
That's partly about building lasting relationships in the cities where we operate with politicians and their staff so they understand the benefits of Uber's services. It is also about figuring out the best regulatory framework and then developing campaigns to push reform through.
Policy at Uber is business critical and has a real impact in our markets. It is for people who are keen to have skin in the game on business decisions and are passionate about being an advocate for change to unlock the full potential of our technology.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to work on our Spain Public Policy team, based in Madrid, Spain. You will report directly to our Head of Public Policy for Southern Europe and DACH.
This role will involve:
- Developing and implementing Public policy and Government Affairs strategies
- Acting as a transparent and constructive stakeholder to build lasting relationships with policy-makers --including governments, regulators, third parties and academics on a range of policy issues of interest to the company.
- Partnering with global and regional teams to build and execute stakeholder engagement strategies, and campaigns, that promote and enhance the overall reputation of Uber as a platform.
What We're Looking For
- Ideally you would have 8+ years experience working with institutions, government officials, parliament and understanding and managing policy issues; proven ability to evolve in a complex environment is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish with a demonstrated ability to engage policy concepts with diverse stakeholders is essential.
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Stuff changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- A great advocate: We're looking to create new regulatory frameworks that encourage innovation. You'll need the intellectual fire power to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone.
- A strong campaigner: Smartphone apps can be disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. So you'll need passion and dedication to put together proactive campaigns that demonstrate there's a better alternative to today's outdated status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do--and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams around shared goals. It's why we're looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done and who have the ability to build trusting and long-lasting relationships internally and externally.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada