Operations Manager, Deal Desk - Uber Eats
About the Role
This is a role on the US Deal Desk team, which sets pricing rates across all restaurant-facing products, building processes to facilitate non-standard pricing approvals, and ensuring that all of our restaurant partnerships are compliant.
This group is a part of the broader United States & Canada Sales Operations team, which works in close partnership with our Operations and Sales leadership teams, as well as many cross-functional partners across the global Uber Eats business.
We are looking to hire an Operations Manager who is passionate about empowering Sales and solving complex business problems in one of the fastest growing industries.
What You'll Do
- Strategy - Help set our sales strategy, aligning our sales goals to our business goals
- Experiment - Launch new products to improve our sales efficacy, spanning pricing, sales compensation, segmentation, and more
- Analyze - Address key strategic questions through analytical frameworks and insights to inform key decisions for our sales organization
- Influence - Communicate findings to diverse audiences -- from senior leaders to new hires
- Advocate - Understand the needs of our users across all segments, identify potential opportunities to help them grow the Eats platform, and empower our sales and account management teams to make this a reality
- A minimum of two years of analytical or strategy experience (e.g., management consulting, investment banking, business operations at a tech company)
- Consistent data manipulation and analysis exposure in Microsoft Excel
- Experience synthesizing information quickly, distilling key takeaways, and presenting insights to senior leadership
- Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy and process standardization using strong documentation. You lean in and embrace the details to map processes, clean data, and even review code!
- A relationship builder that develops a collaborative work environment and understands problems from diverse perspectives. Humility and empathy are essential to success in this role.
- Independent worker with the ability to build consensus with cross-functional partners
- Effective, clear, and concise verbal and written communication; experience working with executives and cross-functional teams alike
- Experience with customer acquisition, account management, and support processes, systems, and datasets
- Experience with setting pricing and/or facilitating pricing concessions
- Analytical experience, with an aptitude for framing business questions with data (e.g. using SQL, Python, R, Excel, Salesforce and other CRM's), translating business needs into strategies, and executing
- You are skilled at project management such that you can easily balance urgent versus important requests, and you flourish with ambiguity
- High standards and a bias toward action: you can find the context and information you need through relationships across the organization, you push for clarity and delivery, and you hold a high bar from your contributions and those of the people you work with
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada