Sr Software Engineer - Architect - U4B
About the Role
Uber for Business(U4B) is one of the fastest-growing key business at Uber. As a senior architect on U4B platform team, you will be leading on architecting the B2B platform that supports various products (e.g., U4B, Uber Health, Vouchers, E4B, Freight, ATG), managing hundreds of millions of transactions over 300K organizations and solving high business impact yet challenging problems along with a great team. Come and join us!
Team-specific focus areas
- Support hyper growth/new products in U4B from the platform perspective. Design and build extensible new features in organization/employee management, money movement, billing and reporting
- Enhance and modernize the existing systems to be more reliable and efficient
- High performance systems - Experience with building high performance distributed systems that can scale to 100,000s QPS.
- Core Infrastructure - Experience with developing and running large scale distributed storage systems, service oriented architectures, and reliable monitoring and deployment infrastructure.
- Data Processing - experience with building and maintaining large scale and/or real-time complex data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Storm, and Zookeeper
What You'll Do
- Lead the architecture design on building a true B2B platform within Uber
- Scale U4B backend services that support hundreds of millions of business money movements with 100% accuracy
- Architect U4B platform systems to be more generic in order to support various fast-growing products (e.g., U4B, Uber Health, Vouchers, E4B, Freight, ATG)
- Develop creative ways to increase organization's engagement from platform's perspective. E.g., apply machine learning to predict organization's spending, credit limit and gain more business insights using the existing data
- Adapt and optimize key pieces of Uber's evolving infrastructure to U4B platform systems
- Set best engineering practices and mentor junior team members
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of engineering experience.
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++) and the eagerness to learn more
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring, and reliability.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber