UX Writer - Rides Studios
Our Design teams are focused not just on the functional, but also on joy and delight. Our work ignites opportunity and changes the way the world moves, and we design for users around the world of all backgrounds and abilities.
About The Role
As a UX Writer, you'll work on the Product Design team to build intuitive, resonant experiences for the people who use our apps around the globe, while helping grow the UX Writing function at Uber. You'll use meticulously crafted language to help our customers achieve their goals, from getting across town to achieving career and life goals. You'll play an integral role in crystallizing project vision and strategy: you'll help define what we're making and why we're making it. And you'll work with other UX Writers as we grow our skills!
Our UX writing team is a group of language specialists within Product Design. We believe in holistic experiences and work tightly with designers and researchers to make sure the work we produce is cohesive, coherent, and encourages confident action by our customers! You will be part of the Rides Design Studio, which consists of the Rider design team, the Driver design team, and a set of horizontal product solutions that we call Foundations. You'll work among engineers, product designers, product managers, and fellow UX writers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
What You'll Do
- You'll be in charge of interface copy in our apps, which not only propel digital experiences but also physical ones
- Contribute order and process to the UX Writing program at Uber, building innovative and effective guidelines, best practices, and tools
- Build compelling long-term strategies that allow content to scale globally
- Use metrics and research to advise and validate your work
- Collaborate with visual designers, engineers, product managers, product marketing, and many others to bring your creations to life
- Work with legal, localization, and support to ensure our products are appropriately and responsibly launched
- Change gears easily, working with different products and teams
- 2+ years of UX writing or related experience writing copy for a general audience
- A portfolio of samples that demonstrate your skill and efficiency as a writer
- A passion for crafting products for a global audience: not just through translation, but reimagining products so that they're effective in cultures around the globe
- An eagerness to use research and metrics to discover the most effective language for every context and to measure the impact of your work at furthering customer and product goals
- A proficiency in clear, detailed writing that sometimes even sings
- A willingness to pitch ideas to cross-functional stakeholders, and an understanding of when it makes sense to push back and when it doesn't
- The ability to strategically prioritize multiple projects and to decide where your efforts will have the most impact
- An appetite for problem-solving in a landscape that changes quickly
- UX writing experience in a global software development environment
- Experience partnering with UX Research or conducting your own research about language
- Background in user experience or product design: copywriting or content strategy experience in other environments
- Experience writing for spoken interfaces or other writing that's meant to be spoken in apps, on the air, or on the stage
- A degree in English, Psychology, Design, Linguistics, HCI, or any area that emphasizes the analysis and use of language or narrative and systematic thinking
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada