Sr. Software Engineer II - Detection Platform
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with technical depth, security intuition, and entrepreneurial spirit to join our Threat Defense & Response team. You will use your security experience and strong engineering skills to build and sustain innovative solutions and platforms which empower members to quickly identify, mitigate and respond to abuse and intrusion.
What You'll Do
- Improve our security Big Data & Streaming Security Analytics capabilities
- Enhance and sustain our security log collection platform and software services
- Build software solutions to integrate with and extend our Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) and Threat Intelligence platforms
- Architect and build tools for threat detection, security response and forensic automation
- Contribute to operational excellence (write and revise Runbooks, Documentation)
- Join the on-call rotation to support our team's services and applications
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Advanced-level experience with at least one high-level programming language (e.g., Go, Java)
- Prior experience building security analytics, threat intelligence, incident response, intrusion detection or abuse detection platforms
- Specialist in data processing, security data knowledge specialist, automated security incident mitigation, machine learning or user behavioral analytics for the security domain
- Advanced-level knowledge Elastic Stack, Hadoop
- Advanced knowledge with caching, queuing, messaging technologies: Kafka, redis
- Experience building solutions using AWS or GCP cloud providers
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber