Counsel, Political Law
The US & Canada Legal team is primarily focused on engaging with transportation network company regulators at the city and state level in the US and Canada. The work includes responding to regulators' inquiries, representing the company in enforcement actions brought by regulators, and counseling the business on a wide range of regulatory matters. We also provide critical legal and strategic input to Uber's ride sharing business by collaborating closely with other legal teams on litigation, employment, commercial, corporate, policy, and other issues that impact Uber's ride sharing operations in the U.S. and Canada.
About the Role
We're looking for an outstanding lawyer to join our US & Canada Legal Team. This attorney's primary responsibility will be to oversee Uber's political law compliance program, advising Uber's Policy Team and other relevant teams on lobbying registration and related compliance, campaign finance, and other political law issues. This role also may be called upon to provide general counseling to the rideshare business, with a focus on regulatory work. The position will be located in Washington, DC. This is a rare opportunity for an attorney to join an innovative and exciting tech company and gain substantive, hands-on experience with business clients and external stakeholders.
- Be the primary legal point of contact overseeing Uber's political law compliance program, including handling all lobbying registration compliance, campaign finance compliance, and day-to-day counseling on political law issues.
- Assist the US Mobility Product & Operations Legal Team as needed. You will advise on a wide range of issues, including regulatory compliance, litigation risk, and consumer protection issues. You will work directly with business clients to provide on-the-ground support and identify potential legal issues on all business initiatives, compliance processes, and product launches overseen by the US Central Operations and Product business units.
- Create processes and templates that business partners and legal colleagues can use to streamline legal advice for the business.
- Minimum five (5) years legal experience in law firm or in-house setting
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state is required
- Excellent project management skills.
- Adept at identifying and scaling routine business operations.
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of a matter, and articulate plans to address
- Ability to present information/complex legal matters clearly and concisely.
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber