Data Analytics Lead, Uber Payments
About the Role
Uber Payments BV (UPBV) is Uber's payments subsidiary in the EU processing all of Uber's payments in the EU (EEA) under a licence from the Dutch Central Bank. As a licensed financial institution Uber Payments BV has stringent compliance obligations and this role is crucial for ensuring that these are met.
The Data Analytics team would be a new team within UPBV's Risk and Compliance team. Its objectives are to integrate data intelligence capabilities to identify, monitor, alert and respond to risks relevant for Uber Payments BV.
As a Data Analytics Lead, you will be responsible for gathering actionable and comprehensive insights into key operational and control gaps across Uber Payments BV resources and support Uber Payments BV to reduce its risk exposure and operational effort. You will be instrumental in optimising the speed of detection of risks and policy deviations, while enabling automation and digitally transforming Uber Payments BV's compliance, risk and control program. This role requires frequent interaction and communication with cross-functional partners and presentation to managers and executives.
What the Candidate Will Need
- Education in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics or equivalent experience
- More than 10 years experience in modern programming languages (Matlab, Python) or statistical languages (SQL, SAS, R)
- Proficiency with multiple analytical and database tools (e.g Hive, Presto, Vertica, Tableau)
- More than 8 years experience of analytical and database experience
- More than 3 years of experience within a managerial role
- Proven ability to manage large dataset, explore and utilize raw data feeds
- Excellent data visualization skills
- Love of data - you just go get the data you need and turn it into an insightful story. You know how to convert data into decisions without getting stuck in paralysis by analysis
- Well-organised, structured approach to problem solving
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to drive change and solution oriented
- Great communicator, quick thinker & confident in decision making
- Independent & autonomous, while still a strong team player
- Enthusiastic, self-starting and thrives in changing, agile environments
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience creating dashboard reporting in Tableau or a similar visualization tool.
- Experience as a risk analyst in a financial organisation
- Experience within the payments industry
- Experience working with Git
- Knowledge or experience with Jira
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada