Senior Strategy & Planning Associate - Uber Eats APAC
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Strategy & Ops team empowers our regional and local teams through insights, analysis, and thought leadership!
About the Team
Uber Eats APAC Strategy & Planning (S&P) team is a tight-knit, impactful team that has a crucial role across the region's business. We partner closely with senior leadership (both within the region and globally), cross-functional leadership, and our teams on the ground in each market, and we enjoy strong relationships and rapport regionally. Our team drives four key pillars to drive the business:
- Competitive Strategy,
- Business Planning,
- New Verticals and (4) Organizational Effectiveness. This role will involve projects across all three verticals.
About the Role
You will be a key part of the APAC S&P team. You will work closely with teammates on the S&P team, senior regional leadership (based in Singapore), as well as our partners across business operations, marketing, sales, finance and strategy in each of our countries in Asia Pacific.
We are looking for someone with a strong set of fundamental business skills - business acumen, analytical ability, strong communication and project management - with a keen curiosity, flexibility, and desire to work on a wide range of projects in a highly dynamic environment!
What You'll Do
- Strategy: Work closely with the ops, product, finance, business development and teams across APAC to align and iterate on overall strategy for Eats
- Competitive strategy: Constantly monitor, respond and move ahead of competitors across markets
- Planning: Support in building and maintaining financial models, operational reporting, OKRs, projections, and key business metrics to inform the leadership and the entire org of where the business stands
- Program/Project Management: Be a resourceful, go-getting multitasker, supporting initiatives across the region by working with cross-functional partners across APAC
- Process Improvement: Identify the biggest operational gaps, inefficiencies, and risks using our internal data and deliver solutions
- Scale: Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and mega-regional efforts, and make decisions driven by data
- Develop Relationships: Collaborate with other functional areas (Engineering, Business Development, People Operations, Product, Product Ops, Legal, Tax, Finance, Rides, Nemo etc.) to ensure efficient and productive working relationships
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience preferably across strategy, program or project management, and technology operations
- Exceptional Excel / Google suite / data management skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical ability with SQL proficiency
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Self-starter - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate impactful insights
- Partner management. Comfortable in communicating to, convincing, and moving to action partners across different functions and differing levels of seniority within the organization.
Bonus to have:
- Previous experience in consumer technology, and particularly in online food or grocery delivery
- Experience in translating and implementing strategical initiatives with prior operations and/or strategy roles
- Working knowledge of R and Python
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada