Strategy & Planning Manager - Uber Eats, APAC
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Strategy & Ops team empowers our regional and local teams through insights, analysis, and thought leadership.
About the Role
You will be a key part of the S&P leadership team. You will partner closely with teammates in S&P, senior regional leadership (based in Singapore), country GMs as well as our partners across business operations, marketing, sales, finance and strategy in each of our countries in Asia Pacific.
We are looking for someone with a strong set of fundamental business skills - business-acumen, analytical ability, strong communication and project management - with a keen curiosity, flexibility, and desire to work on a wide range of projects in a highly dynamic environment!
What You'll Do
- Thought leadership: Work with Country and Regional leadership teams to set strategic priorities, align the vision, and share the best work practices
- Develop business insights: Work closely with operations, marketing, sales, finance and teammates on S&P to identify important trends, problems and opportunities across Uber Eats in APAC.
- Improve Processes: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep our local and regional teams as efficient as possible.
- Project Management: Be a resourceful multi-tasker, supporting teams across the region. You'll be the go to person for many key organizational initiatives.
- Cultivate relationships: Collaborate with other functional areas (Business Development, People Operations, Product, Legal, Finance etc.) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems
- Synthesize and communicate market trends: Work with the S&P team, leadership and other partners to communicate your findings and use them to help develop a strong pulse on market trends, competition and opportunities.
- Drive Communication: Communicate the region's priorities through a variety of internal and external communications
- Lead by example: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creativel. Communicate frequently and with high quality; then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans
What You'll Need
- At least 8+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations experience is highly preferred
- The ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Problem solving skills: Ability to identify a business, operational or organizational challenge, frame the problem, and decide on an appropriate course of action.
- Strategic and business-acumen: Strong ability to analyze data to identify operational deficiencies, financial opportunities, and industry trends.
- Communication ability: Clear and concise communication with an eye towards takeaways and next steps, whether in writing, decks or live meetings.
- Project management: Proactive communication, punctuality, clear timelines
- Speed and balancing priorities: Many tasks, from tiny to huge, come to this role, and you must be able to execute quickly and while frequently re-prioritizing.
- Grit and positivity: APAC is a challenging market and S&P is given both the visibility to know and the mandate to fix many of our biggest challenges.
- Bias towards action. This is one of the key roles that determines whether initiatives get acted on and have impact, or fall behind in the "idea dustbin".
- Self-starter attitude - Self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Exceptional Excel / SQL / data management skills
Sounds like a good challenge for you? We welcome you to apply now!
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada