Reporting Analyst/ Business Intelligence Analyst- Special Projects
About the Team:
The COE Analytics & Reporting team is responsible to build and maintain, daily, weekly and monthly reporting to the COE. One of the responsibility of the COE A&R team is to detect optimization opportunities and work on process improvement using the six-sigma or kaizen method.
The team works in synergy with site operations in the COE, together with Workforce, Quality and Learning, guaranteeing results of the COE and consequently the highest service level for our riders, driver partners, eaters and couriers. The work that are done by the team is mostly investigative and is expected to bring insightful results which can be implemented to optimize daily operations and also sometimes adaptable to apply regionally or globally. Review data models and queries while performing weekly and ad hoc data analysis is one of the key responsibility to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed.
About the Role:
You will help operations by supporting their decision making through your analytics, heavy data driven approach, and operational mindset. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management, priority setting and organizational habits, the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in and excellent team interaction.
- Monitor, participate, and document process improvement projects to drive better performance and profitability.
- Partner with Leadership Team to identify efficiency and cost savings projects to achieve strategic objectives.
- Provide both consultation and direction to Operations leads, Departmental leads, and Business analysts to achieve the internal and external goals.
- Develops innovative solutions that improve COE's performance and uses cost-benefit analyses in decision-making for the short and long-term.
- Develops, implements, and governs new processes for specific functions, providing visibility to the milestones and performance across all functions.
- Ensures end to end implementation of solutions according to high-performance benchmarks and standards.
What You'll Do:
- Coordinate with other members of the Community Operations team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes.
- Build and maintain detailed models/dashboards for city-level, regional, and global reporting.
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products.
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep support teams as efficient as possible.
- Coordinate with multiple teams for regional and site level projects to be able to monitor, support, and secure on-time project completion, which deals with quality and service improvements, creating and improving capabilities, data analytics, migrations, people initiatives, reporting improvements, process standardization as well as keeping track of plans, quality, and timelines for such activities.
- Provide estimated work efforts, identify project milestones, and handle necessary resources accordingly while driving adherence and compliance with deadlines on deliverables assigned to projects.
- Track progress, understand dependencies, communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders, and facilitate and coordinate schedules for meeting either locally or across sites.
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- You will also need analytical skills to solve problems that may come up during a typical workday.
What you will Need:
- Proficient in SQL and Hive querying.
- Knowledge of R and Python is plus.
- Ability is perform basic Statistical analysis
- Exceptional Analytical, problem solving, Excel and data management skills
- Strong communication and organization skills, with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Ability to self-serve, investigate, get the required data and expertise in data visualization/presentation
- 2 years of work experience in Analytics/ Business Intelligence/ Statistical analysis or related experience is mandatory
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada