Communications Manager, Delivery
About the Role
At Uber, we believe the most successful consumer technology companies are forward-thinking storytellers who ensure that their products - as well as the benefits of these products - are central to every communication.
Our team is responsible for telling the Uber Delivery story--which is evolving quickly and rapidly growing into a distinct portfolio of brands within Uber--to a wide range of media and external audiences in the US & around the world.
We are searching for someone to work on Uber's global communications team, leading communications for customer-facing Delivery products. This role will report to our global Head of Delivery Communications, who is based in New York, and partner closely with product, legal and business leaders globally.
What You'll Do
- Manage day-to-day media relations on consumer- and merchant-facing technology for Uber's growing Delivery business, including both the Uber Eats and Postmates brands.
- Develop global strategy for new initiatives, campaigns, and product launches; leading execution in the U.S. and coordinate closely with in-market colleagues.
- Work with Uber's global policy, operations, marketing, and product teams to tell our Delivery story; this will include pitching existing initiatives, technology and approach, as well as rolling out new initiatives, campaigns, and launches.
- Assist the broader Delivery communications team in the U.S. and globally on various product launches and special projects
- An experienced spokesperson: 5+ years proven experience in communications, policy, and/or journalism--either for a company, a government or a third party
- A superb writer: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple but credible arguments.
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs, and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. You'll be used to working calmly under pressure in a constantly evolving environment.
- A creative problem solver: You are able to analyze trends and identify creative ways to make Uber relevant. You can build campaigns from scratch and are able to work cross-functionally with various teams to create and amplify ideas.
- A fact finder: You'll love getting into the details and understanding an issue from all sides.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to work cross-functionally and organise around shared goals. We're looking for someone who has experience working on complex projects to get stuff done.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada