Greenlight Manager II - Southern California
About the Role
Uber's driver-partners are our most important customers, and we're building an exceptional experience for them in our cities. Greenlight locations help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver-partner community. Our locations are a one-stop shop for partners to get activated, receive support, and learn more about Uber.
Our Greenlight Manager leads the strategic vision and financial performance of a Greenlight support center. In this role, you will lead and develop a team of Greenlight Team Leads and Greenlight Experts to provide the best possible customer support for new and existing Uber Partners. Your team will go far beyond solving issues; they will identify root causes, escalate pervasive problems, develop vendor relationships, oversee the launch of new locations, and work on innovative partnerships to improve the earner experience.
Most importantly, your staff will take pride in being the face of Uber to our driver-partners, and will treat every support interaction as an opportunity to build a better connection between Uber and the driver community.
You will work together with the city operations teams to make sure your Greenlight Hubs are meeting their market's needs in terms of supply growth, onboarding, driver engagement, and any other local events or needs.
What You'll Do
- Own the success metrics for profitability, operational efficiency, and customer satisfaction scores
- Manage the budget for the Greenlight locations in your territory
- Strengthen performance through process development and innovation
- Hire, train, and lead a team of Uber Experts and Team Leads
- Collect, analyze, and report on Greenlight performance data
- Make our Greenlights great places to work by developing employee engagement action plans
- Collaborate with City-Ops and CommOps teams to ensure your Greenlight Hub offers our driver-partners the best possible experience each and every time they walk in the door
- Cultivate the global Uber brand and augment it with local details.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Retail or Service team management in fulfillment, distribution, customer support
- Experience managing a P&L and/or budgets
- You operate with an ownership mentality. You'll be fully responsible for the P&L of your Greenlight Hub and held accountable for delivering financial results.
- You're a self starter. You're ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new team within Uber with minimal oversight.
- You're an analytical problem-solver. You quickly identify key metrics of success, digest complex data sets, and build data-driven action plans to respond to market conditions.
- You stay poised and calm under pressure. You follow through on tasks and view challenges as opportunities.
- You're process-driven. You have exceptional organizational skills, and constantly look to keep improving systems.
- You are open and curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- You're word-savvy and an excellent communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're responding to inquiries or explaining a new policy.
- You're highly motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited team of users; you enjoy grinding away at issues.
- Led a team of more than 4 people
- You're literate in SQL and Excel or another data management resource
- You have previous customer support team management experience
About the Team
Uber's driver-partners are our most important customers, and we're building an exceptional experience for them in our cities. Greenlight Hubs help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver-partner community. Our hubs are a one-stop shop for partners to get activated, receive support, and learn more about Uber.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada