Public Policy Sr Associate - EU
About the Role
We are looking for someone to work on our EU Public Policy team, based in Brussels, Belgium. You will report directly to our Head of EU Public Policy.
This role will involve:
- Representing Uber to the European institutions on a number of relevant policy topics, for instance, mobility, digital, data, privacy, or future of work;
- Liaising closely with Uber's country teams to understand regulatory market barriers and connect them to EU policy developments;
- Acting as a transparent and constructive partner to build lasting relationships with policy-makers -- including European institutions, civil society organisations, industry associations, and other third parties; and
- Engaging to ensure that EU policies enable new mobility technologies, reflecting the needs of business users and end customers.
About policy at Uber
Our public policy team is responsible for working with policymakers, regulators, and third parties to make the positive case for Uber as a platform.
That's partly about building lasting relationships in the cities where we operate with politicians and their staff, so they understand the benefits of Uber's services. It also about determining the best regulatory framework and then developing campaigns to push reform through.
Policy at Uber is business-critical and has a real impact on our markets. It is for people who are keen to have skin in the game on business decisions and are passionate about being an advocate for change to unlock the full potential of our technology.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Ideally you would have 8+ years of experience in government affairs and policy. We are open to specialists from other areas that have a deep understanding of policy issues and may be looking for a career change.
- A self-starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs, and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Things change fast in our world, so it is important to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- A great advocate: We're looking for those who can distill complex ideas into simple, intelligible points. You'll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories - about our product, people, and the ways we're helping to improve life for customers, partners, and cities.
- An experienced negotiator: An ideal candidate will know how to navigate complex partnerships in both the private and public sector spheres, creating outcomes that are respectful of everyone's needs.
- A phenomenal teammate: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. That's why we are looking for well-organized people who love working with others to get things done - and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, come work with us, and let's move the world forward together!
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada