Sr Eater Operations Manager, New Verticals - UK&I
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Strategy & Ops team empowers our regional and local teams through insights, analysis, and thought leadership.
About the Role
We're changing the way people think about transportation. At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We tackle big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
With New Verticals, we're building Uber's fastest-growing, and our next 10^10, business. Global in scope, with a focus on our largest potential grocery and other new verticals markets, the team is responsible for all grocery and new verticals operations/sales/strategy across markets - with UK being one of our top priority markets. This scrappy, forward-thinking and high performing team is tasked with building a sustainable high growth business as we expand from restaurants to other high growth verticals. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
What You'll Do:
As a New Eater Operations Manager, you will be in charge of:
- Growth Strategy & Planning: You will build multi-channel eater growth strategy, including budgets, timings and targets. Develop and own a full roadmap of initiatives to increase acquisition, engagement and loyalty to Uber Eats.
- Owned and Non-owned channels promotions execution: You will execute the promotions across channels, including audience and content creation, CRM and in-app. You will be responsible for setting A/B tests and analysing results
- Lifecycle management: You will guide early lifecycle and re-engagement incentive programs with the goal to extend the lifetime value of the customers
- Product Improvement: Keen eye for new features to improve our eaters' experience. Work directly with product teams to develop the best in-app shopping experience
- Analytics: Execution of campaigns and analysis of metrics to properly define and build acquisition channels, guide early lifecycle and re-engagement incentive programs to promote sustainable growth. Conduct experiments and draw insights, build tools and analysis that will form the basis of the promo and marketing strategy
- Develop & Optimize Processes: Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; this will include processes that overall ensure high-quality experiences in the app including fraud detection, scaling tasks and analysis, helping the company to grow and to track and improve metrics and profitability.
- Growth: Focus on areas of lead generation through partnerships, and optimise the cost of acquisition from channels and guide incentive programs accordingly.
- Build the local brand: Build our brand by identifying and executing unique local marketing opportunities aligned with the business priorities, such as events, partnerships, etc.
- Stakeholder Management & Teamwork: Build and develop strong relationships with cross-functional, central and territory teams (e.g., Central Operations, Marketing, Community Operations, Policy, Communication, Legal, etc.) in order to contribute to the long-term growth of the territory while building a global network
What you will need:
- At least 5 years of experience in operations management, marketing operations, management consulting, strategy, marketing or brand strategy, growing a startup or a similar experience
- A bias for data: You naturally take a scientific and highly analytical approach to everything. You love measuring things, and have a strong data intuition. You are experienced with analytical tools such as SQL, Excel & Python
- Growth hacking: Meticulously unpack the key levers for growing a business through keen analysis and scientific experimentation
- Communication: You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail orientation: You have high standards for everything you do, and dig into the details to assure that your output consistently exceeds expectations
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada