Applied Scientist / Sr. Applied Scientist - Marketing
Marketing data and applied science informs decisions across Uber's global marketing efforts, accelerating both demand and supply growth worldwide. We leverage advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques in a scalable manner including large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and Uber's proprietary machine learning platform, and more.
About the Role
We're looking for experienced applied scientists on our Marketing Data and Applied Sciences team to help optimize investment decisions for Uber's multi-million dollar marketing budget using cutting edge machine learning and statistical models. You will be responsible for developing meaningful analytical solutions and productionizing models in a scalable manner to advise decisions across Uber's global marketing efforts, accelerating both demand and supply growth within Uber's 600+ cities worldwide! The right person for this role has a passion for driving impact by using predictive modeling, machine learning, experimentation and technology to power decisions across our marketing organization.
What You'll Do
- Build production grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize marketing performance by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques and marketing science research
- Use models to address key growth challenges and provide meaningful insights on problems in Channel Optimization and Eats Marketing including user value modeling, bid optimization, targeting optimization etc
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement and deploy models and improve analytical solutions by providing data-driven recommendations
- Use large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and Uber's proprietary machine learning platform, and more
- Collaborate with marketing leadership, design, product, and engineering teams
- Participate in project planning/prioritization meetings, partner meetings, data prioritization meetings, etc
- Ph.D., M.S. or Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields. (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience required and if Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Data Scientist or equivalent)
- Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, economics, and analytics.
- Knowledge of experimental design and analysis
- Experience with exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis and testing, and model development
- Ability to use Python to work efficiently at scale with large data sets
- Proficiency in languages and tools like SQL, R, and Spark.
- PhD degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Math, or another quantitative field with 3-5+ years of working experience as an applied scientist
- Previous experience in advertising tech (e.g. bidding model, attribution, targeting, 3rd party data integration, and etc) is a plus
- Relevant work experience in applying advanced analytics, applied science, or causal inference to marketing problems
- Experience with big data using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Organized and have the ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Able to multitask and be a great teammate
- Hunger and drive to learn complex topics
- Passion for Uber!
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Diversity & Inclusion