Data Scientist / Senior Data Scientist - Adtech
Marketing data science informs decisions across Uber's global marketing efforts, accelerating both demand and supply growth worldwide. We leverage advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques in a scalable manner including large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and Uber's proprietary machine learning platform, and more.
About the Role
We are looking for Data Scientists and Senior Data Scientists to join our org and tackle exciting and impactful business problems in the domain of marketing analytics and ad tech. Ideal candidates need to have a strong curiosity about data, and a proven track record of successfully applying rigorous scientific methods with proficiency in data science knowledge and technical capabilities. This an outstanding opportunity to apply your skills and have a direct impact on global business.
As part of the Measurement Platform team, you will collaborate with engineers to build scalable solutions from end-to-end including data strategy, models prototype and automation. You'll also conduct research on statistical and machine learning models to devise in-house solutions. Such solutions will be used for predictive and causal inference purposes as core tools consumed in marketing measurement and channels optimization.
Targeting and Personalization
As a part of the Targeting and Personalization team, you'll work closely with the marketing managers to maximize incremental value by targeting the right user and personalizing the right content using the right marketing channel. Specifically, you will work on building user propensity models, uplift models, restaurant recommendations, personalized messages and optimize all the communications on CRM.
What You'll Do
- Build production grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize marketing performance by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques and marketing science research
- Use models to address key growth challenges and provide meaningful insights on problems in Targeting and Personalization including user uplift modeling, recommendations, personalized promotions and targeting optimization etc
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement and deploy models and improve analytical solutions by providing data-driven recommendations
- Use large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and Uber's proprietary machine learning platform, and more
- Collaborate with marketing leadership, design, product, and engineering teams
- Participate in project planning/prioritization meetings, partner meetings, data prioritization meetings, etc
- Build tools and products that will optimize each part of the marketing funnel (from prospecting to sign up to early user to active user and churn), as well as to support budget planning, measurement, attribution, targeting, cross-sell/up-sell, paid channel optimization, and segmentation for core Uber businesses globally
- Ph.D., M.S. or Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields. (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience required and if Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Data Scientist or equivalent)
- Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, economics, and analytics.
- Knowledge of experimental design and analysis
- Experience with exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis and testing, and model development
- Ability to use a language like Python or R to work efficiently at scale with large data sets.
- Proficiency in languages like SQL, R, and Spark.
- 3+ years of work experience
- Previous experience in advertising tech (e.g. market response modeling, forecasting, attribution, targeting, 3rd party data integration, and etc) is a plus
- Experience with big data using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Organized and have the ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Able to multitask and be a great teammate
- Hunger and drive to learn complex topics
- Passion for Uber!
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada