Compliance Lead, Uber Payments
About the Role
Uber Payments BV (UPBV) is Uber's payments subsidiary in the EU processing all of Uber's payments in the EU (EEA) under a licence from the Dutch Central Bank. As a licensed financial institution Uber Payments BV has stringent compliance obligations and this role is crucial for ensuring that these are met.
The UPBV Compliance Team is part of Uber Payments BV's second line of defence and is responsible for setting and implementing a policy framework to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations covering customer due diligence, anti-money laundering, counter terrorism financing and sanctions screening requirements ('AML requirements'). The Compliance Team is supported by and supports initiatives of the larger Uber Group. Co-operation with several Uber Technology Inc (UTI) and Uber B.V. (UBV) key teams is crucial.
As the Compliance Lead, you will be responsible for ensuring Uber Payments' operations and procedures effectively meet applicable AML requirements. In this position you will manage the AML and Integrity Risk policy frameworks within Uber Payments, identify compliance risks associated with the business activities and follow up on remediation.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- More than 10 years of experience with compliance and/or payments compliance, in an AML related role
- More than 3 years of experience within a managerial role
- Strong understanding of compliance concepts and experience with operationalising such in complex environments
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong teaching and mentoring skills, able to effectively grow reports in their careers
- Strong sense of integrity
- Able to drive change and solution oriented
- Great communicator, quick thinker and confident in decision making
- Enthusiastic, self-starting and thrives in changing, agile environments
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
Bonus Points if
- Exposure to a dynamic and agile environment
- Experience with managing integrity risk and/or systematic integrity risk assessment processes
- Exposure to financial technology
- Experience working with product and engineering teams in a technology set up
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada