About the Team
Uber's People & Organization Development team drives the continued growth of Uber by giving employees the tools and experiences needed to do their best work. We use data to create impactful experiences that enable high-performing people and teams. We cultivate a diverse and inclusive culture by creating scalable, accessible, social learning. But perhaps most important, we apply a user-focused design approach to everything we do--and we always put people first. Because we understand that, ultimately, it's the people who will drive Uber's continued success.
About the Role
You'll use your instructional design and project management abilities to create dynamic learning experiences that reach thousands of employees around the world, from new employees to seasoned managers. You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where priorities and deadlines only inspire you to find creative, informed, and innovative learning solutions to business problems. Your product mentality means you're comfortable seeking out user feedback, using agile development strategies, and consider experimentation a norm to create progressive learning products.
What You'll Do
- Support the global People & Organization Development (POD) team's learning solution needs, including designing solutions for organizational development and learning and development interventions
- Scope, design, and develop learning content, including assets and assessments for leader-led and self-paced in-person, blended, and digital solutions
- Create learning experiences that engage and excite Uber employees while aligning with business needs, satisfying resource constraints, and delivering on intended learning and business outcomes
- Support, manage, and/or guide partners and subject matter specialists through the collaborative design process, liaising with POD product managers and program managers to ensure effective design, development, implementation, and feedback loop
- Use learning analytics and user feedback to recommend improvements for each design cycle.
- Establish and improve team standards and production processes
- Find new ways to produce content that scales and resonates with our increasingly global, busy audience
- 5+ years of experience
- 3 years of instructional design, elearning, and project management experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, and high-output environment (similar in size and scale to Uber)
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, deliverables, and competing priorities with a proven record of success
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory standard methodologies and experience designing innovative content on various tools (i.e. Articulate, Captivate, Google Suite, content aggregators, websites) hosted on multiple platforms (LMS, web-based, mobile, etc)
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners, managing input while owning and driving the development timeline forward
- Ability to translate feedback into improvements for both content and process
- Passionate about the learner experience and how to make it better; open to feedback and improving both oneself and the team
- Comfort with ambiguity, technology, and welcome the challenge of working at a fast-paced company like Uber
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Experience with visual design and designing assessments
- Visual/graphic design skills and comfort turning source material into interactive, visually-appealing, and engaging multimedia learning products
- Experience with mobile learning, gamification, and other interactive learning methodologies
- Experience in corporate or highly structured environment
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber