iOS Engineer, Uber Eats
About the Role
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to designing multifaceted UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.
The newly formed Uber Eats Store Team's mission is to provide an outstanding store-front experience that allows merchants and restaurants to showcase their unique offerings while providing consumers with menu selections and recommendations so appealing and easy to access that they gladly transact.
What You'll Do
- Build a multifaceted menu ecosystem where menu choices are dynamic, personalized, and optimized.
- You will be responsible for the mobile experience interacting with backend, data science, and machine learning teams.
- 3+ years of relevant work or educational experience in client-side software development using Native iOS SDKs and frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge in object-oriented software development, MVC architecture, multithreading, networking, and memory management
- Experience working on a consumer-facing product preferred
- Experience shipping efficient, reliable, crash-free code that reaches millions of users.
- Experience or educational background in any of the following: Product Design, UI/UX, Backend/Fullstack engineering is a plus.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada