Software Engineer - Marketplace Driver Pricing
The Driver Movement and Driver Surge teams, within the broader Marketplace group, ensures all Uber Drivers have clear and relevant information about pricing, earnings, and where to drive based on the demand of the Marketplace -- all in real-time. This ensures reliability when there are more riders as well as giving drivers the most up to date information on where to position themselves to maximize earnings.
On the product side, the team owns multiple real-time positioning and pricing products that are front and center for Drivers in the mobile application. These products are responsible for billions of dollars in trips and generating billings for Uber by ensuring drivers are in the right place at the right time to balance marketplace needs. In terms of technology, the products have global coverage and are used to service every driver on the platform at any minute of the day. The team's portfolio of positioning & pricing products maximizes a rich source of real-time data and ML to build intent, movement and pricing models that are used for each driver session.
Join and grow a diverse team spanning a range of critical skills including distributed systems, real-time modeling and algorithm design, personalization, online models, mobile development, and rapid product development that drivers rely on for earnings!
What You'll Do
- You will design, code, test, and launch new services, products, and features at global trip scale.
- You will build and deliver these cutting edge features through sophisticated experiments, collaborating with Data Science, Design, and Product teams, that help simplify the lives of our diverse customer base.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Math or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering focusing on large-scale systems
- Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Python, C/C++.
- Detailed problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems and end to end scaling of data pipelines and service reliability
- Grit, drive and a strong feeling of ownership coupled with collaboration.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada